:'( I am a 25 year old female who for the last year have had severly swollen knuckles on the index and middle finger on my right hand. I had blood work done but nothing showed up and the x-rays were clear I went to a rheumatologist and she didnt find anything either. It seems to get worse in cold weather. I dont have insurance to go from doc to doc to figure out whats wrong with me. Its highly painfull I can't bend my fingers the knuckles are red and hot in tempature, and when the swelling goes down i have white circular scares on the nukles. If ANYBODY may have an idea of whats going on please reply im desperate.

Hi! I found that there are a number of causes, which can lead to swollen knuckle. It can be caused, due to damage to the knuckle caused by injury or a disease. If there is an injury caused to the joint, such as sprain or fracture, it can cause knuckle pain and swelling. There is a close relation between knuckle pain and arthritis. If there is knuckle pain and swelling in the middle finger and the fingertip, it is caused by osteoarthritis. If you have a habit of cracking the knuckles, there is a possibility, that the knuckle pain and swelling can set in. There are chances, that the habit of cracking knuckles can lead to arthritis and rheumatism. To treat knuckle pain and swelling, it is important to find out the cause of the problem at the first place. But there are some simple remedies, which you can use to relieve yourself of knuckle pain and swelling. Alternate hot and warm compress can be used to treat the problem. You can soak your hands in warm water and salt. Keep your hands in water for about 15 to 20 minutes. You will have to repeat this remedy at least 2 to 3 times a day. This remedy relieves the pain, as salt has the tendency to absorb the pain from the body. Aloe vera gel is also helpful in relieving pain. Apply aloe vera gel on the knuckles and leave it for 30 to 45 minutes. Cinnamon and honey paste can also be applied to the knuckles, to relieve yourself of the pain. This provides instant relief. However, since cinnamon is exothermic in nature, you can burn your skin. Hence, limit the time you leave this paste on your skin. You might find something useful here
https://www.steadyhealth.com/Swollen_knuckles_problem_t53294.html

have u found out what the cure is? i have the same situation. i started out with swelling in my middle finger. mri showed inflammation around the flexor tender and knuckle. xrays were clear. ra tests were negative and all other tests were negative. im on antibiotics right now but they dont seem to be working. steroids didnt work and cortizone shot brought the swelling down for about a week. that is actually when the swelling started in my index finger. my doctors seem to be puzzled. any help would be appreciated.

could be dupuytrens contracture