Good day everyone. My 6 year old Jack Russell Terrier has arthritis in his back leg. He walks slowly and he can’t climb on the stars. I mean he can but it is hard. I was giving him aspirin when this bothers him but I think that aspirin is not that helpful anymore. I still haven’t consult my vet about it. Can you help me about this? Can you tell me how to treat arthritis in dog’s leg? Is there any supplement or vitamin that can help him to get rid of this discomfort? Any diet program, exercises? Anything? Thanks in advance.

Hey there.

I think that there is no big difference in treating arthritis in your dog front or hind legs. I think that the procedure is pretty much the same. Exercise is really important thing. You need to determine what are the best exercises for your dog’s leg. It is very important to give him good nail and foot care.

Whirlpool, heat treatments and hydrotherapy are really great for pets who are diagnosed with arthritis. Swimming is also great treatment.

You can suggest some of them to your vet.

I am sure that you are going to find the best treatment for your little friend :)

Hey there.

I am sorry when I hear that dogs have health issues. Arthritis can be very painful in dogs if it is not treated. Dealing with arthritis can be very hard and painful for your pet.

But psychical therapy can help. Most dogs feel much better and they are more active after good massage. So you should try it.

It is not only good to increase circulation that helps your pet, they love touch and attention. They will feel better immediately after it.

I have heard about this treatment with laser but I am not sure is this helpful. I don’t even know how this works.

Hello there.
Thank you so much. I am so scared. He is in pain and I can see that. He can’t jump anymore, he doesn’t want to walk anymore. He is just lying in the corner and he has those sad eyes :/ I am worried that this can affect him really bad. I was trying to do some exercises with my dog but he is in pain and he is crying. I can’t do a lot of things about it. Do you know any medications that can help him? Do my vet needs to prescribe them for my dog?