BUNIONECTOMY FEB 14 2006---- COMPLICATION OF SINUS TARSI SYNDROME. SPENT 4 WEEKS IN BED. STILL DOING 4 HOURS OF PT A WEEK. EVERYONE IN MY LITTLE STATE SAYS THIS ORTHOPEDIST IS THE BEST FOR FOOT PROBLEMS. THEN WHY CAN I NOT WEAR A PAIR OF SHOES----- AND WHY DO I HAVE THIS CONS :-( TANT POPPING FEELING WHEN I WALK?

Foot popping can happen after the surgery. I am aware that a lot of patients are scared about this, but you should know that it's pretty normal to hear and to get clicking/cracking/popping symptoms in your foot after surgery for a few weeks. But also, it normally it settles down and gradually ceases. On the other hand, if you're still getting these symptoms accompanied by swelling and pain, I'd ask your doctor just to be sure or seek for some bunionette pain relief that is going to help you for sure. Look, those are the surgeries that usually requires more time to heal, sometimes you will have to wait for months and months until you are healed completely.  

Finally someone who has the same weird popping sensation. I, too, have a weird popping sensation in the ball of my right foot whenever I put pressure on it and walk. Someone on another board said it's due to the osteotomy and that it could create huge problems; thus, stay off the feet. I'm seeing my doctor on Wednesday and will ask him then.

how has this turned out? do you have pins/screws in your foot?

im having my surgery soon and to be honest i love the popping thing because its the only way i get relief after being on mm foot all day!! Remember i havent had my surgery yet tho. i just sit back each night and roll my toe around and crack it and pop it and all kinds of things and it feels SO MUCH BETTER lol. weird i know - but if it was happeing after surgery when i was WALKING then i'd be freakin out!!!!!
x o.O

its been 5 yrs or so and my toe will,out of the blue,freeze up and there will be a sharp pain(most often its due to weather change...ex:cold front)usually all i have to do is just bend it up sharply and it will crack,then im fine....and i do remember steady popping for a mth. or so whenever i would take a stride and roll over that toe,but it went away....Im not doc. but i think its where the pin was and the bone may have not totally enclosed that hole,dont know thoough...