I’ve been having problems with my feet and joins for quite some time now, but I just figured it was related to my age (60) and the fact that for 20-or so of them I’ve spent working in a restaurant. My family doctor did give me some topical cream for arthritis and I’ve been using topical diclofenac when the pain was worse. But, for the last month or so it seems as thou the pain has gone up to my knuckles and fingers. It’s becoming more and more noticeable that the skin around my knuckles is swollen and now those swollen places hurt with burning pain, even from simple things like washing my hands. The diclofenac cream helps a little, but the swelling isn’t going down, and it will hurt if I don’t have at least moisturizer applied. Can this all be related to arthritis?

This could be a form of arthritis and you do have joint pain.  I have a friend with similar symptoms and he has gout.  His inflammation in his hands has gone into his arms.  It is extremely painful.  The doctor has put him on vicodin along with some anti-inflammatories.  The one thing about gout that is so important is your diet.  You need to stay away from red meats and alcohol.  My friends problem has to to with the alcohol he consumes every day and lack of eating properly.  Your doctor should be able to diagnose you with gout if you have it.  I suggest you get tested for that.