I am allergic to alcohol. My lips swell and peel for a week after consuming any type of alcohol. I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem and what they do to prevent it? If there are alcohols that are hypoallergenic ... It's super frustrating and painful, I'm hoping someone has some insight.

sounds to histamine intolerance! I got the same symptoms and I got the diagnostic HI. You should go to an allergist for a blood test, nothing special so don't worry! ;D Having HI isn't as big as the diagnostic. There are many dietary supplements available which can help you to handle it. I'm using Daosin, it helps me to eaty 4-5 times a week histamine rich food, without any problems and side effects. It controls my histamine level and avoids the allergic reaction!

Keep your head up! ;)

Do you also swell up when you drink alcohol? That's my biggest thing, but it does also happen when I eat certain foods, just not as severe. I appreciate your reply immensely because it's so painful and frustrating. I made an appointment with my allergist! I researched the symptoms of intolerance to histamine and I match ALL the criteria, so I have a feeling we do have the same problem. Thank you again for getting back to me!! Couldn't be more appreciative. Lauren.