I started getting these bumps on my lips about 3 years ago, was told they were cold sores, but they are not. They do not hurt, they don't scab over, not contagious. It almost looks like I've been bashed in the lip.They show up at different times of the year, so I know they are not triggered but he cold/ heat. I can go months without one and then all the sudden one will appear.  The most recent one appeared within the hour, they are only ever on my lips. Surely if this was an allergic reaction it wouldn't just be my lips. It can be either the bottom or top lip that is affected. I have tried cold sore creams, fucidin cream, lip blams, icing it, salt water, hot water, avoiding caffeine, avoidling argenine , taking lysine , been doctors constantly and turned away being told it's a cold sore!!! Probelm is very time I get one they swell so big my lip splits and this is causing my lips to scar. Does anyone have this same problem ?! I am desperate for help or info.

hi smario10,

well it's not that easy to say you whats going on. What I can recommend is you should definitly start to write down what are going to eat. So maybe you will find out if you are allergic to sth.

So far so good! I guess it could be a histamine intolerance which basicly means every time if you eat/drink sth histamine rich your body reacts with an allergic reaction. But don't worry its nothing bad! There would be a dietary supplement calld daosin which helps you with it. But first of all you really need to know whats going on. Go to your allergist and start with the tests! :)

Wonderful christmas time!

have you had any luck finding out what is going on? I seem to be having the exact same problem. Ive been thru all the cold sore meds zorvax, Valtrex, and lysine. now im taking oil of oregano and redoxon b . my lips just seem to keep breaking out in sores some blister and never go away some do, a new doctor prescribed fuciduin crean with nizoral cream included that im supposed to try for a week. sure hope this works . so tired of ........