Can you give me an advice? Am I allergic to sesame oil if I’m allergic to sesame seeds? I have tried the seeds last year and I had skin rash problems because of that. But I would like to include the sesame oil in my diet, I know it is very healthy but I am afraid that I might have the same issues. May I try it?

No, please don’t. Sesame oil is made our of sesame seeds, so obviously it is more or less the same thing, as far as allergies are concerned. Also, be aware that sesame can be found in many products today, vegetarian food, cereals, stews, margarine, risotto etc. So, I guess you will have to check out the food products labels carefully if you want to avoid rash or something more dangerous in the future.

I'm allergic to sesame seeds and obviously sesame oil (as it's made from sesame seeds). I am anaphylatic so theres the obvious chance i will die if i even touch a sesame seed or if someone who's touched one touches me. Don't try it!!!

DO NOT TRY IT WITHOUT THE INPUT OF AN ALLERGY DOCTOR. IF YOU DON'T HAVE ONE, YOU NEED TO GET ONE.

That being said, the answer to your question is NO. Being allergic to sesame seeds does not automatically make you allergic to sesame oil. I, in fact, AM allergic to sesame seeds, but not to the oil. In some allergy cases, the high temperatures needed to make the oil eliminates the specific allergens that your body reacts to. My allergist has told ME that even though I am deathly allergic to peanuts and very severely allergic to sesame seeds, I am not allergic to peanut oil or sesame oil. We are also hypothesizing that even though I am allergic to dairy, I may not be allergic to dairy baked inside of baked goods such as cakes. THIS DOESNT MEAN THAT THE SAME THING HOLDS TRUE FOR YOU THOUGH. ASK A DOCTOR.

Yes, our allergist has told us that all of the protein is not destroyed in the making of sesame oil and it is very possible to react from it. Be very careful and always carry your epipen

I am allergic to sesame seeds but NOT sesame oil. For sure consult a doctor before going near it. I am also curious if I am allergic to toasted sesame seeds??? Any thoughts ??

Not entirely true. I am severely allergic to Sesame seeds in the seed state, and even more so when it is ground down to Sesame flower. However, I have no reaction at all to sesame oil. I have learned that the oil reaches a different property state because it is heated to such a high temperature. Please note, this is just my situation so please don't hurt your self on my account. But I can say this for sure - I've been hospitalized twice for sesame reactions ; however, I have no reaction whatsoever to the oil.