Hello! I was found to have uterine fibroids after a year of heavy and prolonged periods. I even had some minor bleedings when I was not due to bleed but it took me quite some time to have it checked. They were to grow inside, into the cavity. Before I was found fibroids I started being really tired and fatigue and the doc said it must have been due to anemia because of the heavy loss of blood for over a year. I hear that hysterectomy is the only permanent solution but I am not ready to give up motherhood as I am only 32. What other options are there?

Most women have time to figure out what to do because the fibroids are not cencerous and grow slowly but considering your symptoms, you may very well think about a treatment. What did you gynecologist suggest. They usually know best according to your age, healthy, symptoms, etc but of course, it is always good to be informed. I know of couple of procedures but none of them guarantees that you won’t get fibroids again. One of them is myomectomy in which fibroids are removed; another one may be uterine artery embolization in which blood flow is cut to the fibroids so that they could shrink. Other variants of myomectomy are Myolysis in which an electric current destroys the fibroids and shrinks the blood vessels that feed them and cryomyolysis in which fibroids are frozen with liquid nitrogen.