I met my current boyfriend a year ago, i had no sex for 6 months before him and 2 months after we started having sex i went to get checked, i was tested negative for everything.  A year and a half later we break up for one month and get back together. We have sex and within a week he started showing some symptoms,  he asked if i had been with someone else and i said no. I had not been with anyone since we met and his test for chlamydia came back positive.  I go get checked and mine is positive as well... he insists that he didn't have sex with anyone else but then how is it possible that I'm testing positive now and that i supposedly passed it to him if i was negative a year ago and haven't been with anyone else ?? I don't know what to think. 

Hi Guest,

Chlamydia is often called a "silent" disease.  It often produces NO symptoms.  When was your boyfriend tested - before this time that he found out?  He could have been carrying it for a while. 

Sometimes the tests aren't accurate either - a false negative can occur.  It can take some time for it to show in a test.

He may be telling you the truth.

He was supposedly tested 2 years ago before coming to the United states. He is from Europe.

That's a long time, 2 years. He had no sex with anyone before meeting you?

He very likely was infected already. Again, Chlamydia often shows no signs/symptoms.