I would like to find out what to do with having a hoarse voice for the past two months I have tried antibiotics steroids but nothing seems to be working what else can I do I am a smoker but I am trying to quit please help

Hello AliYar,

Having a hoarse voice and being a smoker tend to go hand in hand.  One of the things that I have found useful in getting rid of some tenderness and  raspy sound is to take a glass of warm water and add about a teaspoon of salt to it and gargyle with that.  Do this three or four times.  Don't eat or drink anything after that at least for a while.  If you can, do this in the morning, early afternoon and before you go to bed for a few days and see if that doesn't help.  This is an old remedy that seems to really work.  The water and the salt are natural so you don't have to worry about any chemicals that could possibly do harm to your throat.