Okay so I never have regular periods. And I haven't had a period for 3 months. I had unprotected sex on December 19. I know it is only two days later, But I am just wondering how far along in a pregnancy do you have to be to get the correct answer from a pregnancy test? Someone Please Reply Back So I Will Know When To Take A Pregnancy Test.

It’s possible to have periods even when you don’t ovulate because bleeding happens because influence of female hormone estrogen and ovulation depends, among other things, on hormone progesterone. It’s similar to women who have polycystic ovaries, they don’t release fertile eggs every time they bleed. But, when you have periods and don’t ovulate, menstrual cycle isn’t same as usual – periods come late or early and often there is spotting. Was your period on time before this? Since you’re nine days late, you should do the pregnancy test.