I'm married for a year and 3 months now but still couldn't concieve. I'm 25, at about 155cm tall and weighs about 57kg. I am a Malaysian Borneo-tribe and a Christian. I would like to know how could I detect my ovulation day in order to conceive. Could the dramatic raise on my weight influence my ovaries to deproduce fertile eggs? I was 48kg before married. Thanks.

Gilena
Sabah
Malaysia

Hi there! You can read more about ovulation at the following link:PREGNANCY FAQ under section "could I be pregnant".

Hello Gilena, 

Yes, weight does have some effect on your ovulation and menstrual cycle; still, I wouldn’t say that you gained so much weight that it would have this big effect on your possibility to conceive. Still, isnce you and your husband have been trying for over a year now, it seems like the best idea would be for both of you to see a fertility specialist for a consultation.

Generally, if your periods are fairly regular, you should be ovulating (this is the time when you are most fertile) for the two days somewhere in the middle between your two periods. Pharmacies usually have not so expensive ovulation kits that can help you to detect when you are ovulating, which might increase your chances to concive.