I have a question about implantation cramps and progesterone. Could you tell me how long does implantation cramps last? Do they feel like period cramps, because I experienced something similar? I think it is too early to be my period, so I wonder if that is implantation cramps. Beside this, I would like to hear if there is any role for progesterone in this process.

You should know until now the ovaries are the main source of the female hormones called estrogen and progesterone. These hormones influence the development of a woman's breasts, body shape, and her body hair. These hormones, estrogen and progesterone also regulate the menstrual cycle and pregnancy. That is why there is no need to say that progesterone is important part of pregnancy. However, once that pregnancy occurs, implantation is just a normal process. That is necessary to happen if baby will survive and born after nine months. I know all this although I am just a normal woman, with normal wish to be a mother. Implantation cramps I had were about 9 days after ovulation and lasted for two days. I think I was convinced myself these were implantation cramps and I am hoping to be pregnant, which happened at the end. However, I have heard that cramps about where ovaries are placed could occur because they are swollen when woman ovulate.

I am also trying to have a baby and recently experienced some cramping. I have never had that feeling before unless I was starting my period. I spoke with my sister a couple days ago and she said that she experiences cramping if she is ovulating. I have personally never felt ovuation cramps before. But I was cramping about 4 days and my period is not due anytime soon.
I read a couple of postings on yesturday and I was introduced to implantation cramps. I had never heard of that before. But this is also the 1st time I am trying to get pregnant. So last night I took a pregnancy test and it came back negative. Now today I am no longer cramping.
So did my cramps sound like implantation cramps and I just tested to early? ?
Or maybe I was just ovulating for 3 days!!!

Hello!
This is my 1st time replying on here but I thought i'd give it a try. I have been pregnant twice and had miscarriages with both. However, I am VERY in tune with my body. If you know for sure that you period is not supposed to come for a while I would say there's a good possibility that you are feeling implantation cramps. They can sometimes last for a couple days. I think I am currently pregnant and am having implantation cramps. I will find out in about a week and a half for sure. But, they feel very familiar to me- like the ones I had with my last baby (who I named Lil' Mac- what we called him while I was still carrying him). I am very excited as I have been waiting for a while. If you aren't sure about yours then I would get a book called "Taking Charge of Your Fertility". It's woooonderful! It helps you know all of the ways to tell if you've timed intercourse around when you ovulated or not. Do you know adsactly when you expect your next period? That will tell you alot more than you think. I'm pretty sure i'm having implantation because I timed intercourse RIGHT before I ovulated and within a week after I ovulated I started having mild mild cramps, a very good sign. Just remember to do things to help yourself to not stress because everyone will try to tell you to relax and it will drive you nuts just hearing that, but, get a message or kick your feet up and rest because it will help if you are wanting to achieve! There's my novel sized two cents! :)