Hello, I'm a 19y/o student and for the past two weeks I have been feeling queasy after meals along with a sore heavy feeling in my breasts. Recently, over the past week or so, I’ve noticed that my bowels are now infrequent and loose (sorry for the TMI xp ) and that my breasts have become
sensitive to touch all on top of my previous symptoms. I have been on Loestrin
24 for the past six-seven months, diligently taking my pills at the same time
every day. However, there have been a few times where I have I been late, but never
more than 2hours. My last period was normal, yet I did have unprotected sex
3days before my period started. I have been told that everything I’m going
through are all pregnancy symptoms, yet with me being on the pill and having
had a normal period IS THERE ANY POSSIBILITY THAT I AM REALLY PREGNANT? Also,
despite the 99.9% I have heard stories of ladies on the pill still getting
pregnant. ARE THESE PREGNANCIES AS RARE AS I'M LED TO BELIEVE? If catching an STD is not a concern in my relationship, IS A CONDOM ALWAYS A NECESSITY WITH PERFECT USE OF MY PILL? I greatly appreciate
any help or advice given.

Hi Overly,  The symptom's that you describe do sound like pregnancy symptom's but.....i highly doubt that you are. Sometime's when we take the pill, everything seem's to be going along just fine and then something change's. Our breast's may hurt, we may spot blood, we may get a killer headache for 3 day's in a row, our appetite may change, our bathroom habit's may change...this is due to a simple glitch with our birth control. Thing's are going fine month by month, then we have a weird month, or a few weird day's. That's all it is. Now.....women do get pregnant while on the pill, it has happened. In your case, wait until you miss your period and take a test, i betcha it's a big negative.

Double protection is great ie. condom and the pill, but..if you and your partner have been together for a long time and are truly 100% committed to each other, a condom doesn't necessarily need to be used. This is protect one from an unwanted pregnancy or a nasty STD, but you are on the pill and already protected. I am not saying not to use your double protection method, as it is a great thing, but i'm not so sure you need to.

Here is my concern: Yo are deff worried about being pregnant now and if you have intercourse with out a condom but still on your birth control, are you still going to be worried that you just may be pregnant because you didn't use a condom?

Hi bbfeet, thank you soo much for your help. As for your question, knowing myself I'd guess that yes I would probably worry and stress over a pregnancy each time we didn't use a condom. Though I've been on the pill for several months now and me and my partner have been committed for quite some time, we've only recently taken our relationship to a physical level. I am slowly working towards allowing myself to trust my pill. Once again thank you for confirming what deep down I already felt. With my pill and having had such a normal period I just don't see it being possible.