hi, this has been bothering me for near 2 wks. my bf and i havent had any intercourse before but heavy petting. if by any accidental chance his finger has sperm as he inserts it into my V, will i be pregnant? recently ive been feeling very nauseous almost the whole day, before and after meals and i seem to have the symptoms of being pregnant. however, its not the first time im experiencing this. i felt this way a couple of months ago and i went to a doctor who prescribed me some stomach wind medicine and it worked quite fine.

maybe now im too paranoid but i seem to be able to feel some 'beating' inside my stomach. feels like heartbeat jus that its in the stomach. is it normal for all people

someone pls advice...im very worried!! :cry: :(

many thanks to those who could provide me some information on what i should do!

Well, theoretically it is possible to get pregnant like this but highly unlikely in reality.

I also get so many weird thoughts and special symptoms when I am suspecting something or get frightened of what it may be.

When are you about to get your period? I think you should wait for your period, if it is very late, then you should do a home pregnancy test even though I doubt you are pregnant. I think that maybe you should check your health first.

thanks for replying!!

my period is very irregular...it can come once in a few months...thats y im worried as i cant use period as a gauge. %-)

i think mayb its health problems too...but the doctors always say its gastric...they didn do any tests or check my blood etc..

that heart beat your feeling is the main artiery (or how ever you spell it) that runs down from your heart and carries blood to your legs and everhwere under your heart :-D so no need to worry! thats normal! :-) everyone has that! :-)

I just made a post and am in the same position.
https://www.steadyhealth.com/Period_over_a_week_late_but_no_other_signs____no_intercourse_t76758.html

(so you dont have to click the link here it is)
"I am making this post because I am not sure what to think of this. My grilfriend and I are not having sex - but we are fooling around. Recently, we were fooling around and it has me scared. I had just finished recieving oral sex, and she moved and laid on top of me to relax for a minute (both naked but she did not come near my penis or the little amount of cum she did not swallow (sorry for the graphic story but it's necessary). She was on top and I was still pretty hard and in a uncomfortable position, so I just reached in and adjusted myself, gettin a small amount of semen on my fingers. I noticed and I wiped my finger off on the bedsheet (not very thuroughly though). We just laid there for a couple minutes, then I started to finger her untill she finished.
Now she is a week and 2 days late for her normally-regular period (though recently her period was mysteriously late for a week). She is not showing any sign of being pregnant (no morning sickness, no fatigue, no enlargement or swelling of the breasts and no spotting).
But one more thing to consider. She had had a high temperature (between 99 and 104) for a week straight before this event, and she has been pretty stressed due to drillteam and line camp.

What do you all think? Is it pregnancy, or just delayed period due to stress? If her period doesn't come by tomorrow, we are getting her a test but we would like to know someone elses viewpoints. Thanks"

I would like to know, have you taken a pregnancy test yet? How did it turn out?

Just being emotionally upset can be enough to delay a period. With this and getting your hopes up about pregnancy, only to find you are probably not pregnant or worried about being pregnant, just adds to the emotional upset. This is probably the explanation here.

I would do a test to make 100% sure and to set your mind at ease. There is no embarrasment by taken a test its not like having the docs check you out no what I mean ??

If you are not pregnant then your period will arrive sooner or later.

If you miss your next period and your pregnancy test is still negative, then I would advise you to go and discuss this with your GP. I am sure it would not mean anything serious, but if nothing else you will need more advice and reassurance.

Hope this helps people out !! :-)

Sperm do not instantly die when they contact oxygen, as a user said earlier. There is oxygen in your blood and I think a small amount in seminal fluid (sperm cells respire and therefore require oxygen to generate energy to move). In fact, sperm will live for a while in the open air..possibly for a couple of hours or more if is the right condition (warmer conditions increase the lifespan).

Therefore...it is completely possible to become pregnant without intercourse! Don't finger/get fingered if you suspect any semen on it, as this will be the same as a penis delivering it (though in much less quantity). If you suspect semen on your fingers or other body parts entering the vagina, I suggest washing with a soap or maybe even lemon juice (I believe the pH of lemon juice would suffice in killing the sperm, though do not take my word as scientific knowledge).

I suggest that if you are too young to take responsible measures in protecting yourself then you need to quit any sexual act. What is with you young kids around here, when I was your age, I never even thought about this and had these worries, and I am not old. I am in my twenties. You children need to grow up and get some education before you all start acting as if you all are adults and can handle these things. Oh, and where are your parents?

I am in full agreement about abstaining IF you can't find protection. Either the pill or at the very, very least, IF you will come into any contact with SPERM - make him use a condom. I'm 45 I've heard every lousy excuse known to man kind - tell him wear it OR NO!!!! Forget about getting pregnant, what about genital or oral herpes (NON CURABLE - are you spending the rest of your life with this guy??? IS it worth the risk). What about Sphilyus (or how ever you spell it) - the fact is contact with semen in the vagina or in the mouth can cause all kinds of issues, beyond pregnancy. Let's not forget AIDS!!! You could get some on your hands, forget to wash and eat candy or popcorn and instantly you now have contact in your mouth. TAKE IT SERIOUSLY or pregnancy could really be the least of your worries.........in fact you may never have the chance to get pregnant later on in life........... TAKE CAUTION at all times.

u been told wrong. Sperm needs a constant temperature to live but it is possible to haveit on your finger and then insert the finger into the vagina and fall pregnant, it happened to a friend whose girlfriend was still a virgin. It is a slim chance though

Guest

ok, to the post above me, you are so very very wrong. First of all, there is oxygen in your vagina and all your cells, and the sperm can live up to three days inside the vagina. That is such a myth about the sperm dying when it touches oxygen its not even funny.

Sperm does not die in contact with Oxygen. If Oxygen killed sperm, then there would be no human being's in existance. Before sperm leave a man's body, they are in contact with the bloodstream of the man, which contains Oxygen.

Honestly, though, some of the people here make me a sad person. You ask so many questions, it just proves that you were completely unprepared for what you went and got yourself into.

You are not going to get pregnant if your boyfriend uses a sperm-soiled finger to sexually stimulate you. You're more likely to get a urinary tract infection. The cervix is high up inside the vagina, and ovum fertilisation will not normally occur unless a forceful jet of sperm is inserted through the cervix (via the penis when he orgasms)
If sperm is on the bedsheets, or on clothes, and you lay on them or they have direct contact with your vagina you're still not going to get pregnant from it. Sperm have to swim a very long way from the vagina, through the cervix and all the way up into the uterus, then they have to find the ovum, then implant it. It's a pretty long, tough battle for a sperm and most don't make the distance.

If you have had intercourse, then there is always a likleyhood you may be pregnant, if he did not ejaculate inside the vagina, the chances are drastically reduced, but nonetheless still present. You need to go to a GP and get a blood test. Don't be nervous, they do this kind of things all the time, you will not be judged, it's ten times better to be safe than sorry.

Always, ALWAYS use protection.
Even if you trust him, or even if he says he loves you, USE PROTECTION. Tell him it's not personal, it's your body. If you decide to have unprotected sex and get pregnant, or if you pick up an STD, YOU are the one who accepts the responsibility, not him.
Once you are in a relationship and you feel you want to try sex without a condom, both of you go to the GP and get a check for STD's, BEFORE you have intercourse without a condom. Once the results come back and you are both clear, then you can think about sex without a condom, but make sure you are on a contraceptive pill or device that will stop you getting pregnant.

You DO NOT want to get pregnant as a teenager despite the urge within you. A baby is cute, and it'll get you attention, but you wont be able to spend time much time at all with your friends, or your boyfriend, you'll be tired and cranky, you wont be able to relate to your friends as much unless they are young single mothers as well. They will get to the age where they go out to parties and you will have to stay home with the baby. It isn't fun and it's something you need to really think about before you go ahead and mess around. Don't forget, pregnancy means actually having to give birth, and that is also something to think about.

Treat your body with respect, there is still so much you don't know about your body, you don't want to put yourself in for all these complications and problems before you really know how your body works. You are the only one who has control over yourself, you're the only person that can say no. He can be as sweet as pie, and you might like him so much, or even love him, but don't you put your body at risk for him. Even if he says it's okay, go and find out for yourself if it's okay at the doctors.

I don't think people should post on here if they are not sure of the answers they are giving, as there seem to be some very confused people and giving incorrect answers will not help.

Sperm does not die with contact to oxygen. Sperm can survive several days inside the vagina, and it actually takes many hours or even a few days after sex before a woman becomes pregnant. So if you have sex on a non fertile day or on your period you can still get pregnant.

If sperm died when coming into contact with oxygen what about sperm donars? Sperm is ejactulated into an open cup and then given to the nurse or doctor to store or to test etc. It does not die instantly. Sperm can be examined under a microscope, it is exposed to the air, yet the sperm can still be seen alive and swimming!

If sperm on a finger touches a vagina, or there is sperm on a bedsheet and then touches the vagina etc, it is theoretically possible to get pregnant. Realistically it is not going to happen as the chances are very very slim, but there is still a possibility.

Saying that no form of contraception is 100% safe either, the combined pill is the safest method, as long as you take the pills correctly, as this stops eggs being released and so they cannot be fertilised. Condoms are going to protect you against STD's, which the pill alone will not do, so best to use them both especially if you are unsure of your partners history.

There is loads of great information on the internet, use google to find out more about contraception methods, or visit your doctor to get the best method for you. The pill for example is not suitable for every woman.

If you think you may be pregnant and your period is late then take a pregnancy test to be sure. These can be easily bought in chemists or supermarkets. But try to remember how you are feeling now when you are not sure if you may be pregnant or not, chances are you are not, but remember how it feels and it may make you be more careful next time.

from my opinion and after seeing a bunch of topics on this, u are probably not pregnet. if ur stressed u can be late on ur period easily. if u guys really love eachother then dont have any sexual relationship intill ur actually an adult and wont have to worry about these things. why are u relaying on the internet? go get a pregnecy test, because of what im seeing, their are alot of false facts most people are implanting on peoples brains to get them to worry. so dont worry about pregnecy intill later.and if u want my advice, use protection and birth controll if ur gonna have a sexual relationship. and if u accidently get semen in ur vagina then take the morning after pill that can be getton from ur dctor.