Hey everyone. I need to confess someone. I am anorexic. My friends didn't notice this because I always wear wide clothes. They do telling me that I am skinny but I don't want to let them know what is my problem. And I am aware of it but I can't help it and I can't eat at all. A couple of days ago I started to have black dots and flashes in vision. I really don't know is this caused by my anorexia but I would like to know. And please don't tell me that I should seek for help because I don't want that...

Hey Daria. If you haven't consult no one, how can you tell that you are dealing with anorexia? Ok, I can see that you noticed that you are losing your weight and that you wear wide clothes, but I can tell you that anyone should see that you are dealing with anorexia. And your friends don't see it, right?

Anyway, this is serious illness and you should see your doctor, I don't understand why do you avoid this? Anorexia can be fatal for you. Tell me, how tall are you and how much pounds do you have? How old are you anyway? 

Well, I don't want to. I don't like to go to the doctors because I believe that they don't have nothing smart to tell me. Sure that you can know. I am 25 years old, I am 178 cm high and I have 48 kilograms. So I believe that this is a reason why I think that I am anorexic without consulting my doctor. Anyway, I will think about it, to visit my doctor. I promise. But what about those black dots and flashes in the vision, that happen to me more often than before? Is this some sign and should I be scared about this? Who can I consult about this? Tnx a lot!

Yea, you should. You have so little kilograms and you should do something about it. You know what I want you to do, but that is not in my hands, right?

Anyway, anorexia can cause a lot of other health issues, and one of those issues is eye damage. Those vision flashes are classical signs of anorexia and now I am sure that you are right, that you have problems with it. You definitely need help about this condition. I don't know how I can help you. I mean, you can't eat a lot because you are going to be sick and on the other hand, you can't take multivitamins because they will be really bad for your stomach...

I think that you are dying, Daria.

I was just joking, but I hope that my joke made you take this thing seriously and that you are going to do something about it quickly because anorexia can eventually kill you, eye damage is just one of the things that anorexia can cause.

You need to talk to your doctor. Once the doctor realizes that you are suffering from anorexia, you will have the whole team of people there to help you and work with you. You will get a dietitian, a psychologist, your personal doctor and trainer, they will all be there to help you fight this.

Don't think about visiting your doctor, the more you think about it, the bigger the chances that you won't do it. Just go ahead and talk to your doctor. It is your conclusion that you are anorexic, maybe you aren't really and this is just some weird conclusion that you made based only on how much you weight.

If it turns out that you do have anorexia, you will need to start treating it as fast as possible, this is the same thing as your doctor it going to tell you. It is not easy to fight anorexia but it is possible.

I knew one person who was suffering from anorexia. She was the sweetest girl ever but she had a lot of problems (and she told me about the black dots and flashes in her vision which you asked about). It was a long time ago, we were in college together. She went to another country in order to treat her anorexia because they told her that they have the best doctors there, she went but she never came back, and we lost touch completely. I have no idea what happened to her, I tried to reach her but without any luck.