I was always a sports type and the athletic sports- especially running the short runs -were my passion and it is still so but the problem is that I am now an anorexic male-the condition I could never imagine in my dreams I could fall into but the things are just like that now. I am aware of that and the thing is that I have always thought that only female could become anorexic and now this condition has grabbed me- I practically feel sometimes I am starving and still am refusing the meals so I am wondering what's the best help for an anorexic male? Thanks much!

The way you already think and act are just the excellent initial help for anorexia both in male and females. I know that the sports man are in sort of obligation to have the proper weight so maybe it all has started with trying to keep the normal weight and it all has resulted with being anorexic male, no? You are probably obsessed with food and calories and you probably have some food rituals and you exercise compulsively and all in all you just have that awful fear of gaining weight so also you have maybe become isolated and depressed ... basically the only thing that could help you is to go see a doc and get some professional medical care that is usually provided by specially designed eating disorder program and treatment which includes psychotherapy whether group or individual than you have this nutritional counseling and the bunch of professional would work to help you-psychotherapist, nutritionist, socialist and even nurses for it might happened you even get hospitalized which depends on how serious your anorexia condition is and finally you have also physical recovery-but as earlier you start with this help tips the faster you would get recovered.