Hi there,

My name is Jennifer, I am 30 years old and I have been suffering from anorexia for almost 5 years. After a really long and exhausting fight, I managed to get out of that prison, I started eating normally and I gained some weight so I'm not just a skeleton anymore.

But now, after I got over anorexia, I seem to have another problem. I maybe gained some weight, but I gained more than I would have wanted to gain. Now I am trying to lose some weight but it seems to be even harder than it was fighting anorexia. Any advice, please?

What exactly is your problem, Jenny?

There are people who fought and won the battle against anorexia and now they can't lose weight because they are way too scared to go on a diet because they are afraid that they could get stuck with anorexia again. If this is your problem, you need to talk to your doctor about it.

On the other hand, if you can't lose it because of other reasons, then you are doing something wrong. You need to be on a proper diet, you need to exercise on a daily basis, you need to workout, you know, do stuff.

Not really, it honestly didn't even cross my mind that I could have my old habits back. Wow, that would be awful, I never really thought of that. I won't let that scare me, I fought anorexia once and I won, even if it comes back, I'll do it again. I am trying to lose weight in a way anyone else would be doing it, I'm eating less, 3 times a day at strict time, I exercise every day, jogging, and some yoga exercises. However, I am not losing weight, neither am I gaining any. I seem to be stuck at the neutral zero.

That should be good enough for you, Jenny. Are you sure that you need to remove these kilograms, can't you just live with them? If you are already exercising and eating properly, even if you have a few extra kilos, you are going to remove them or you are going to shape your body in a good way and gain some muscles.

A lot of people are struggling to lose weight after they have recovered from anorexia, it is quite a common thing. But I wouldn't worry about this if I were you, don't make things worse now that they are finally okay.

Good day guys. I am in exactly the same situation like you are. I was struggling with anorexia for a very, very long time. When I finally come to "my mind" I started to recover from anorexia and I gained some weight. I was looking really good, I know that I did and all my friends were telling me how good I look. Anyway, to cut long story short, I broke up with my boyfriend and I started to be depressive again. So I started to eat. And I gained weight again. Now, I really don't know what to do because I can't lose a single pound! So I really need help as well.

Good day everyone.

Sorry about your current situation. It is harder to lose weight after you recovered from anorexia, that is for sure. It is harder to say no to food, especially if you were eating a lot because you wanted to gain weight. You gained the weight, and now you think that you can't gain again and you get a lot of pounds that you didn't want to get, right? Well, that is hard, but you need to find a way to say no to foods.

And of course, you should consult your doctor because he needs to find a plan how to lose weight without being anorexic again. 

Hi. What do you mean? I had this problem as well and I didn't eat as the way as I did when I wanted to gain weight. That is why I am confused a little bit. I don't know how to eat and what means the same way as I was eating before?
And is it really necessary to consult my doctor? Because when I needed to get some pounds, he was really unkind to me telling me that I am very silly because I let myself to be anorexic. That is why I don't know what to do.
And I don't eat a lot.

I don't know what kind of experience you have or is it tough, but you should consult someone who is an expert and who will tell you what to do. Maybe you don't eat a lot, but I am sure that you don't eat healthy because you gain a lot of weight again. That is why I deeply believe that you need someone who is an expert to help you in this by telling you what is ok for you to eat, and what is not. Remember, it is much easier to eat than cut out some foods. Good luck.

Are you insane? You want to lose weight after you've recovered from anorexia? Unless you have medical conditions for which you need to lose the weight I would not go into that. It's dangerous territory. I mean COME ON. Anorexia gets triggered exactly by a weight loss. Please do yourself a favor and stop focusing on your weight for the love of God. Just eat when you're hungry, address any other emotional problems you may be dealing with and go spend more time in nature. God bless you.