Hi I am 39 and have suffered with anorexia for most of my life. I recently come out of treatment but am struggling to maintain I have started to restrict again and I have noticed that I am getting alot of black dots in my vision for no apparent reason and I have also started to experiance bright flashes that look abit like loads of tiny stars. I eas just wondering if this is due to lack of nutrients in my diet and also should I be concerned or is it just an harmless side effect.

That is not a harmless side effect. People can get this when they have eye disease, a lack of or sudden overabundance of oxygen to the brain, or high or low blood pressure. All of these could be side effects of anorexia. When you don't eat enough protein and/or vitamin A, this could cause eye disease. When you don't drink enough, or drink without enough food, this could affect your blood oxygen levels. When you don't eat enough, your blood pressure could get dangerously low.

I suggest you see a doctor and get continued help with your anorexia. It sounds like your body is asking for some help.

Hi thanks for your reply. I do get really light headed and dizzy if I stand up suddenly. Would taking multi vitamins help because if I go to the doctors with this they will just tell me to eat more and it really is not that simple. I know im not getting enough protein as my hair is starting to get brittle and I realise that the next step is it falling out. So if i put protein in my diet as a suppliment would that help at all. Sorry for asking for more advice its just that I am feeling confused at the moment.

Honestly, I don't know enough information on anorexia to help you. Multivitamins can be very hard on the stomach and you need to eat enough food so they don't make you sick. So, unless you can get more food in you, I don't suggest you take them.

I'm saying you need to see a doctor to make sure nothing serious is going on. In addition, you need to see someone who specializes in eating disorders to help you.

May I also suggest something called Inner Connections. This can help you heal your body both physically and emotionally. I had chronic acid reflux for a year and a half and literally NOTHING would make it go away. No conventional or alternative method helped me. I finally did tried Inner Connections (also called Body Talk), and through it, it was discovered that emotional trauma was causing me digestive distress. I now am acid reflux free. So if you're having trouble conquering your anorexia, I suggest you see a specialist in this area. They can help you with any emotional issues that are blocking you from conquering your illness. Google "Inner Connections" and see a specialist in your area.