Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me.

I'm 15, and still in school obviously, and I'm in my last year. I hardly ever go, because school makes me panicky and makes me very upset. This started in 3rd year in upper school, subsided a little bit in 4th year, but now its come back even worse than before. When I do go to school, I spend most of my lessons in a place called the Student Center, as I just can't face going into lessons.

I feel like I can't go into lessons because I get very nervous around other people, especially loud, boisterious people, but the funny thing is, I feel fine in lessons like art, and I feel ok when I'm out with my friends, which makes my mum think that I'm just lying. Missing so much school has made me really behind on coursework, which is only making me worse, as I'm panicking about that now. I'm prone to extreme mood swings, which get worse around the time of my period, and at times I feel suicidal. I'm very open with my mum, but I have attempted suicide twice, and I don't feel like I can tell her how I feel, because I don't want to worry her. I don't like talking to my friends about this problem because they have enough worries of their own, and I'd feel like I'd be dumping all my problems onto them. I've also been going counselling for three years, which has helped quite a bit, but I'm determined to stop going soon, so I don't really want to bring any of this up.

Everythings starting to get on top of me, and I don't know what to do.

Hi, Holly. I'm sorry I can't really offer any good advice, but I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone. I'm 16 and this post sounds exactly like me, and today I skipped school because my parents wanted me to take the bus for the first time all year. I'm always on edge while in school but the thought of being new to something else where I could be the center of attention FREAKS me out. I wish I could help you. But all I can say is that I honestly hope that you get better, and I really want you to be okay. =) Take care.

Hi, I'm 14 and I know how you feel!!

I'm in my 3rd year at secondary school. Every new day makes me nervous and panicky; if anything happens that i dont like in lessons like if we have to do a speaking assessment or we do biology ( i'm very squeamish ) i get hot and dizzy and nervous and i have to go to the medical room. I must have been there at least 10 times this term. Last year, things eased off a bit because i was used to everything, but we've been given new classes this year and none of my friends are in mine and the work is so much harder!! All this stressing is affecting my eating, which has been making me ill. I've tried lots of things but none of them work in the long term!!!! Sorry i can't offer any advice but just wanted you to know that you're not alone!!! I really hope you get better and find something that works!! :)

hi its me again, one piece of advice - tell your best friend/friends. I didnt want to at first but they knew there was something wrong. it's so much better knowing i can talk to someone about it who is around me alot.

Holly

Dont worry and this should get easier ive attemped suicide too but this wont make things any better honey if you feel really down try writing in a diary i know it sounds stuid but it helps you get things off your chest and if one day you thing anout death just think about everyone you would leave behind - your mum can help you dont be worried about what she`ll think ive already made that mistake xx

hope this helps you Holly xx

Things may not be going your way but dont give up. You are equipped to handle this. See yourself coming out of these problems. Believe in a better tomorrow. And most importantly dont give up hope.