I would like to know if anybody else has this problem …I have nervous rash appearing whenever I am stressed. It is very obvious, when it appears, and then slowly goes away (the same day usually). Is there any medication to prevent this?

Hey,
Thanks god, I am not the only one. It is happening to me also- always when I am anxious. I never discovered any medication for nervous rash, also talked to doctor and he says, there is nothing to be done. He told, I should try to control stressful situations?!!

While at home for two years recovering from an injury I started to get a rash (like hives) that drove me crazy. I felt like my skin was burning and couldn't scratch hard enough. This happened mainly in the evenings.
My doctor recommended an over the counter generic allergy medication.
I have been tested for allergies twice. Both times negative for forty-two seperate substances prior to the rash. My rash was labelled as nervous rash and I found the allergy relief medicine worked. I have been taking it for more than a year and the medication works for about twenty-four hours. I have ocasionally skipped a day here and there just to see if I notice any difference but the hives come back after two days without the pills. Ask your doctor or health care person prior to taking any medication, while it probably won't hurt you there may be drug interactions if you take anything else.

Please see my post on the http://ehealthforum.com site (also under Nervous Rash):

I No Longer Suffer From This Rash...
Posted: 11-10-06 4:40pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...since I recognised that I was constipated! And that I should be having more bowel movements than the one or two a week I have had all my life. It has been said it is okay for some people to be like this as it is normal for their constitution, but believe me since sorting this problem out I feel completely different and see how unhealthy it was not to pass food regularly through my system, taking toxins out at the same time.

With regards to the rash, I began by stopping drinking coffee with milk and taking green tea instead, then cut out processed foods and white sugar/bread/pasta. I also continued to clear out my system with other cleanses I won't detail here, (tart green apples are magic!!) but basically my system totally de-stressed after keeping this up for over approx 3 months, to a point where I no longer have that surge of adrenalin that you feel coming on with the rash. I mean the anxiety rush has just gone altogether.

I just feel totally confident it won't happen anymore, which further solves the problem. The only recurrence I have had is after drinking some cheaper red wines and then not to the same degree as I experienced before and I feel okay about this because it is brought on by the tannins & histamines and happens to many people. My rash brought on by nerves or self-consciousness has completely subsided I am happy to say. I'm sure it's because my body can now cope with any overload of substances I am sensitive to.

Many many people have this problem. i cured it mainly by doing cleanses as seen on http://curezone.com

Hi

I sound like you, when ever iam nervous, scared, intimidated, self concious, hot, drinking alcahol i get a red rash all over my body. mainly on my neck and my arms and its so embarrassing. Ive found the best thing to do is wear fake tan, it really hides it & ive got a spray on one so if it appears i can just go to the toilets and spray on the tan to hide it. Im just worried about when i get married?i really need to get rid of this can someone please help of theyve had this before!

Briana

hi,
i am only 15 and i have only started to get this 'nervous rash' in the last month. it is terrible! it is completely ruining my life! i had to take about 2 weeks of school last term because i was so scared it was going to appear on my face and neck while i am at school. i think about it all the time. it happens whenever i think about it alot and i bring it on myself a bit. it also happens when im embararased or have to do public speaking. does anyone know how to stop it?? i have to go on camp in the next two weeks and i dont think i can go for a whole week without my famiily- who have helped me through the last month. i cant even see my closest friends without it happening and them saying omg whats that on your face?!?! like im some kind of monster. when im at school i have to carry a mirror in my pencil case and i always check to see if its happening. I HATE IT!! someone please help me! im scared.
also a possibility of this happening is that i was on ROACCUTANE for my acne. i stopped it as my mum thought that the rash was being caused by the medication. as roaccutane does cause anxiety as a side effect. however while i was on holiday for the past week i started to think about it a bit more as i hadnt talked to my friends in a while and i started to get nevous about seeing them again. so...as i was thinking about it more and more on holiday me and my sister i had to oreder something at a cafe and she said that flushing thing is happening to you again. it really made me feel down as i thought it had gone away... i am always thinking bout this rash i need help!!! so someone please reply and tell me that it is the medication or there is some way to stop it because i sometimes even feel like killing myself (not that i would) because it makes me feel that terrible!
HELP!
reply please!!!!
from red face :-( :-( :-(

Hi....I also get a hot, red, embarrassing rash on my neck and face when I get nervous, mad, excited, etc. It is very obvious to others and I absolutely HATE it! It has kept me from going on job interviews and a lot of other important events. If I know I am going to be in a situation where I may be the slightest bit nervous, I have to plan ahead and wear a turtleneck. But if I am put on the spot with no planning, I break out with this horrible rash. Does anyone know how to stop it please??? I know it's probably all psychological, but that only makes it worse because when I think about it, it happens. Please help, I'm only 26 and I don't want to live the rest of my life hiding from social situations. If anyone knows any way of stopping this please let me know!

Well, I'm glad I'm not alone......my neck, chest, face, and arms break out in a rash when I get nervous/mad/excited/drinking/etc. I have to wear a turtleneck when I know I'll be in a social situation. And when I'm put on the spot in front of people it's horrible. A rash can come on just by my boss walking in the room, someone saying my name when I'm not expecting it, or even running into old friends. Sometimes even thinking about it can cause it, even when I'm alone.

I'm only 27, and I've missed so many events due to this. I make excuses for it, such as "I'm allergic to chocolate" (and I always keep chocolate around for this reason), or I'll start scratching when the rash comes on, so it looks like I caused it instead of it just happening. Can someone please please please tell me if there is any way to stop this? I'm thinking about hypnotherapy.....has anyone tried it?

For Briana,

I also have a problem with getting a red, blotchy rash on my neck, chest, and arms when nervous or excited. I had to use a body makeup, i.e., Dermablend to cover this for my wedding day. If applied right, you can't tell it's there. Rash did not show up in photos either. Hope this helps!

Christine

I had the same problem probably all my life. However, I noticed it the most in High school. Any type of public speaking or any type of nervous situtation. I think it happened the most when I felt insecure, anxious, nervous, or not confident in myself. At the time, I enrolled in a local modeling class (not to model, but to gain confidence in myself). Once I started feeling self confident, the rash was definately less frequent. I do however still experience the rash and I'm 35. I notice now whenever I get embarrassed or nervous or don't feel 100% sure of what I'm talking about, I get blotchy. I even wore a high neck wedding gown to make sure I wouldn't get blotchy on my wedding day. I've read many a blog about others who have the same condition so don't feel like you are alone. Try not worrying about it and when you feel it coming on talk yourself into a relaxed positive state (that usually works for me). Good luck and I know how you feel.

ITS ALL OVER MY BOOBS!!

oh my god ive never gotten this before but my boyfriend just broke up with me over the phone (long distance relationship) and wont pick up my calls and its spreading all over my upper body. does calamine lotion help? thats all i have in my dorm room with me! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I have had this same problem, that seems to get worse every year. It kinda feels like I get a nervous feeling and my blood pressure is going up, causing this red rash to break out on my neck and up to my chin. I searched on line for a herb to help with the problem and came up with ST.Johns Wort (herb). I have only tried it for 5 days now, but it seems to be working. I would love to hear from anyone else that might want to try it and see if it works for them. Just make sure you consult your Dr. if you are on any other medicines. You can look up the herb online and learn what all it does and also the side effects. I would love to hear from you and if you know any other herbal drugs that may help.

Just wanted to say thanks for this info and I'm so glad I'm not the only one that suffers with this problem. I'm gonna pick some of this herb up and see if it helps.

I've lived with this horrible red rash coming up for years now and it would be great to find something that helped stopped this happening. I do put on fake tan alot that seems to help the rash not stand out as much, but I don't always have time to do this, and when my skin is really white it stands out so bad. Hope this helps. I will keep you posted. xxx

I went to buy st johns wort and it said consult tour doctor if on the pill .I dont wanta see the doctor does anyone no if i can take it as i am too embarrassed to talk to the doctor cause the last one i saw said u just have to live with it theres nothing i can do ,i wanted to cry but i didnt .It really bothers me so much i think iam addicted to wearing make up and wearing polonecks and now the summer is comming in i am getting more anxious cause i ll not be able to hide behide the poloneck .

has anyone found a cure yet i suffer from the same thing i also went on roaccutane i miss out on so much stuff because of this rash if anyone finds a cure please let us know