right i think i have Social Anxiety im 12 its been going on for a year when i stared hight school i leafed all my  friends and went  alone iv always been a shy child but i been sceching Social Anxiety sytoms and eveything eals and i have it all im scared of being juged or embarssring myself i worrie weeks or moths over something coming up i feel sick. but one night round my grandads atfer going for a walk to clear my head my mum rang and i ask when i come home if i could talk to her. me and my mum dont really talk about anything and the only people who know are my 2 best friends and a guy who is always there to talk but they dont understand. but know im going to tell my mum and ask for help i feel like i dont have it anymore? im feel relived but i dont want it to come back or im in denial or something i dont know if i should still tell her 

if you can answer plz do i really need an answer to my queshion thanks xx

Anxiety at that age is not uncommon.  With school, home, and social life all bearing down on you, it can get a little hectic.  I remember missing a fair share of days in junior high because I would make myself sick over an irrational fear of certain tests.

Remember, though, that reading symptoms on the internet does not always diagnose certain things.  It's good that you can identify with something, but take everything you read with a grain of salt.  The internet cannot diagnose you like a therapist can.

The relief you feel from asking your mom is perfectly normal; it's the relief that can follow after you force yourself to do - and do well - something that you've been incredibly anxious for.  There's a good chance that once another roadblock appears, you'll be feeling the anxiety again, so do make sure to talk to your mother.  It's good for parents to know what's going on in your life, especially if it effects your health.

You and your mother may come to the conclusion you need to see a doctor for the anxiety, to make it manageable.  Take this advice; there is no shame in seeing someone for help.  I regret everyday that my parents refused to take me to the doctor's (my mother was always the holistic/spiritual help type), and I'm still dealing with some of the consequences from things I could not personally overcome.  There are plenty of ways to deal with anxiety that don't involve pills, so no need to worry about being medicated for the rest of your life.

It may also do you well to talk to a school guidance counselor at your convenience.  If you have anxiety over friends and schoolwork, they can help manage such things.  That is what they're there for, but remember that they are not certified doctors or therapists.  If you continue to have such anxiety over everyday life, and it steadily increases, that can be a sign of something deeper than just the perils of growing up.  (As some would say, that it's normal to go through that when growing up.  But when it reaches a dehibilitating point, that's not normal - especially if you are consciously deciding that you should seek help.)

Hope all goes well with your mother, and you get over your anxiety to the best of your ability.

hi bella, it does seem that u have a bit of anxiety , bt its not a serious problem. talking to yr mum about it is a gd thing. you might want to work on yr self esteem which explains why u are afraid to make friends.