Ok, so about 3 weeks ago, me and my boyfriend had protected sex. The condom split and we panicked, there was only pre-cum in the condom. I took the morning after pill the next afternoon. Recently I have been feeling sick. I don't feel very different. Just feel a bit sick. I had my period early and the flow was normal. What are the chances I am pregnant? I'm only 16 and I'm so worried. I'm not the type of person to get pregnant at this age! I want to wait till I'm married and everything! I'm so worried, please help me. I'm even considering suicide because my parents would kill me :(

You could take the pregnancy test, why did you have sex if u don't want to get pregnant in the first place?

I am totally agree with Xiao Sky, If you don`t want to be pregnant then stop to have sex. In my opinion you are too young to have sex, Try to see a doctor or tell your parents, they know what to do. Also if you be pregnant please have the baby and give him a lot of love. Be a good mother.

Hello Heatr,

First of all, I would like to say, that there are many girls out there in your exact situation right now. Not many teens plan to become teen mothers, and fathers, if you'll forgive the phrase "sh*t happens." That being said, you are not alone by any means, and no one is here to judge you.(They're not supposed to be anyway) This forum was designed with the intent for others to share advice through method of positive/helpful feedback, not for others to inject their personal opinions onto YOUR choices. Sometimes users forget this, sometimes children, and sometimes adults. Don't take it to heart, if people make ignorant comments, or project their views unto you unnecessarily.

Moving forward, sweetie, accidents with birth control happen all the time, the important thing to remember is not to panic. You said your period was normal, correct? Chances are you may just be feeling sick due to all the stress and anxiety you have been feeling since the time of the incident. Paranoia can take it's toll. In fact to much stress can mess with your monthly cycle, keep that in mind, ok?

Now, I don't want to freak you out but the only way to be absolutely 100% positively sure there is no possible way that you are pregnant is to take a pregnancy test. Although the chances are slightly lower considering you did get your period, I'd do a quick test just to be on the safe side. Remember don't panic until you know something's wrong, and even then don't panic. You never want to work yourself up so much that you're willing to harm yourself to get out of a situation. I'm sure you'll be alright, but even if you do become pregnant remember there is always support out there, as well as many alternatives such as adoption etc. It's all up to you.

Good luck, and keep calm, it's going to be alright.

The Red Fox

Maybe because its called making love? The legal age is 16, you don't get pregnant every time you have sex do you? I made sure I was safe. That's why contraception exists. I'm 16, I'm on the pill, AND we used a condom, and then I took the morning after pill. Most girls nowadays lose their virginity at 14 or 15! I waited until I had a trusting boyfriend whom I have almost been with for a year. I'm not the type of girl to go around making love with any boy I meet. I'm a sensible and smart teenager. Almost seventeen. So in no way am I stupid. I'm a worrier. Also, thank you Red Fox, very helpful. I am getting normal PMS symptoms right now, as I am normally due on my period towards the end of the month. However, I am not sure if I am confusing this with Pregnancy Symptoms? I sure I am just paranoid, but I am very scared about taking a pregancy test. I haven't yet been able to purchase one.

I also had my period about 2 weeks before we had sexual intercourse, and then I surprisngly had one about a week and a half later which is unusal because I'm not usually early. I am very irregular, but I don't think I've ever been early. The flow was normal. But that was just a bit of scare, as I didn't know what this meant. Oh, and I took the morning after pill about 8 hours later. The next morning.

Hey Heatr,

If your period is irregular, then there is no such thing as "usually" lol. Being irregular means showing up or not showing up for how long whenever where ever, when it comes to menstruation. So if you're late that won't necessarily mean you're pregnant, it'll just mean your menstrual is just doing its own thing as per usual. And seeing as you're already on birth control, you took the morning after pill, AND when the condom split there was barely any precum there, I'm going to guess you are 99.9% NOT pregnant (especially in light of the new info about your cycle). If you do get the chance to buy the test, take it in the store if you're nervous about your parents somehow finding it. That way you keep the worries away on both ends.

Good Luck :)