"I JUST SWAM A MILE! I JUST SWAM A MILE!" Just over that, actually. 8) Swam 300 yards on 2/2 and nearly drowned. Repeated the next week, nearly drowned and cursed the pool. A week later armed with drills of death from Coach I started 500 yards. Pushed it, and pushed it, until last week when I hit 1,400 yards. Today after work I felt great, so I said screw it, let's do it. Let's do a mile+. 500 freestyle, 900 drills, 400 freestyle with no breaks at all. When I emerged from the pool several other swimmers who've watched me train clapped. This is the furthest I've ever swam in my entire life. I felt so good I followed it up with an hour on the trainer. I originally thought I'd make a mile the week just before the tri. Now I have seven whole weeks to get faster to meet the tri swim cutoff.

That's great! I always had the most trouble with swimming and remember clearly what it was like to finally swim the first mile non-stop.

:coach:

:dance2: great job....someday I hope I will say the same!!!

Great job! Same thing happened to me.. I started swim training way back in January and I struggled to swim 1k, now I'm swimming between 1600-2k quite easily now. Good luck on the swim training!

Congrats. That is quite an accomplishment

Wow! Just wow.

I can barely swim enough to save my life, so suffice to say i'm impressed.

Great job!!! I just started adding some swim training in. Man I suck - I used to be able to swim all day long when I was a kid, but now I just barely can make it through a few laps and take in just about all the pool water through my nose :?

Congrats!

you're absolutely right elkid, that deserves a

great job!

el pescados

:coach:

:banana:

:cheers:

Awesome Job!

You are doing great! Keep it up!!

:banana:

Outstanding! Great inspiration from this just-getting-back-in-the-water Virgo! Just outSTANDING!

B