Can regular swimming help with fibromyalgia pain? :cry: I do the backstroke and can swim this stroke the longest time nonstop. Is it helping me with fibromyalgia pain symptoms?

hello. sure, but it can't be healed. but it can help you reduce the pain and uncomfortable feelings. swimming is good almost for everything since helps fibro sufferers to avoid jarring movements, as well as giving an expanded range of motion.  one of the bigger benefits of swimming is that it is great for all fitness levels and you can set yourself a pace that you feel comfortable with even if you have fibromyalgia pain. but it can't heal it like I have told you before. also, in the combination with fibromyalgia pain relief, I am sure that you will see some progress. have a nice day. 

I am a former competitive swimmer from the 70's. I have recently started swimming again to help with my fibromyalgia. It has helped enormously with my pain and stiffness. I also sleep more soundly. I am swimming about 4000 yards a week and am working up to swimming 8000 yds. a week. If you don't know how to swim get with a swim coach that teaches the Total Immersion technique. It is designed to teach adults to swim.

I also have relief of Fibro pain when I swim. I have had it for ten yrs. and also have been on many meds. just got off of methadone myself I was sick of being groggy all the time and falling asleep till 11 am every day. Depressing. Live in New England so thinking of aquiring a small indoor pool heated to have a better quality of life. If you can stay off of meds do so!! Acupuncture, massage therapy , magnesium etc. can and will help. I still have to take hydrocodone on those Really bad days when I just want to die. Why me I asked?? Childhood abuse and then into an abusive marriage for 20 years. When your constantly walking on egg shells your muscles tighten up , years of that and here we go. Take care of yourselves and be well.