I'm turning 20 next week and I have had a major appetite increase lately. I can binge on everything in the house and still feel hungry. I have way less energy for things. I kind of assumed that I gained weight with how much I'm eating and I checked and I've lost 7 pounds. I feel super thirsty a lot of the time and I'm scared to go to a doctor. Diabetes runs in our family and I'm worried. I also just started a birth control pill called yaz and I'm hoping that maybe that would cause my symptoms? I'm also really moody. I also used to drink a lot of diet pepsi (9 or 10 a day) and recently stopped so maybe that's related? Please tell me that's related because I'm too scared to have diabetes.

You are probably just fine and you don't have diabetes but if you are so scared you should go to see your doctor and talk to him. He will give you some tips that will help you to prevent risks that can lead to diabetes. Since you started taking birth control I must ask did you consult your gynecologist first because it is very dangerous to start using any type of hormones without some basic tests, at least Pope Nicolau test. So if you did checked with your gynecologist he/she probably told you that in a first three months there is possibility of some side effects until your body gets adjusted on birth control pills. And your mood swings can be related with your Pepsi intake because of caffeine that contains. So stop panicking and visit your doctor related to your diabetes concerns and everything else should be fine very soon.