Hi! I urinate about six times a day sometimes once a night. Is this normal? My wife thinks it isn’t normal, and that it is sign of some disease. What do you think?

Hi! I have diabetes. Because I have this disease I urinate more than ten times a day. So, I know what is normal, and when is sign of disease. It is normal to pass water up to eight times a day and once or twice a night. If you are drinking abnormally large amounts you will naturally need to empty your bladder more frequently. There is no reason for your worry.

hi, this isnt about urinating or anything...but its a bout diabetes...i've had these bruises on my legs for 5 months..and they just wont go away and we just started worrying about it, we wre researching and we came across diabetes symptoms...turns out thats one of the symptoms...and my grandma had diabetes...and my vision has been blurry,...i just told my mom i need to get new contacts...does this sound like diabetes or am i worrying baout nothing at all?

Ask your doctor for a urinalysis to test for sugar in your urine. I think it's pretty quick and simple.

bruski wrote:

Hi! I go less than 5 times a day is that bad?

i pee 12 or more times in a day and have been tested for diabetes but nope thats not it what could be my problem ? sometimes i pee a drop but if i dont pee that drop i die lol well not die but you know what i mean HELPPPP

How longs a piece of string? It depends how much you drink, what you drink, even whether you've eaten, and possibly even the weather. The cold sometimes makes you pee more.

I find if I've had a cup of coffee in the morning, go for a dump and not eat anything for the first few hours, I can''t stop going to the toilet for about 2 hours. I'll go about 3 times.

I pee 13 times today and I am only 11.....

Some people may just have an "over-active bladder". I recommend you look it up. 

Twice as long as half of it!

For my knowledge about diabetes. All the mentioned above is the signs of having an early stage of diabetes. You might wanna ask your doctor. Thank u!

I sometimes have the same problem, sometimes I pee just a drop and its dificult if I don't. Either way over time I started to control this habit. Here's a few tips.

-Control your need to urinate, literally try to overcome that habit. Wait 'till your bladder is really full, don't go to the restroom if you only feel that uncomfortable desire to pee.

-Practice Kegel exercises, wich is pretty much contracting the pelvic muscles, placing tension on those muscles that control your urethra and lower abdomen, go read about these if you'd like.

I felt really more comfortable after discovering these tips, it's all about habits, hope this has been helpful =)

i started on flomax seemed to help

before i gave birth to my daughter, I pee about 5- 6 times a day, at most once a nite but most of the time i never needed to get up at night to pee at all, but ever since i gave birth to my daughter, i tend to pee more frequent these days, i will pee about 7-8 times during the day and for night, i need to get up at least 3-4 times each nite , it really bothers my sleep, i saw my husband never need to get up to pee , he can sleep through each nite, but i kept on getting up. i went to see doctor and had outrasound scan, it shows normal. but it's obviously abnormal to me if comparing before giving birth, it's totally 2 different story. what do you think?

It is very normal. I have chronic Uti's and I urinate 10-15 times a day. 6 is the average a healthy person goes