I am having periods where very often i get a sweet taste in my mouth for no reason at all. Is there someone else with this problem?  I have told my Dr. but he said he hadn't heard this before!!!  Help

I was curios as to why this might happen, because I have experienced it as well, but I figured it was related to the medication I'm taking to control gastritis. Of course, it's not listed as a side effect in any of them, so I didn't pay much attention to that and it really did not happen for quite some time. But, when I saw your post, I tried to finally find an answer and I stumbled upon this topic. It's a long one, but the point here is - you'll see that yourself is that most of them are linking this to diabetes. So, how could your doctor not have heard of it? Or mine, for that matter. I know I don't have diabetes - I'm underweight, if anything. Are you overweight? Do you feel thirsty most of the time?