hello my grandson is 1 1/2 months old at 2 weeks old he had surgical removal of a mesenchymal hamartoma quite large of the chest wall, he also had 4 or 5 ribs removed repaired with mesh?
he was 7.11 lbs and now 9 lbs, his one lung was damaged shaped like an hour glass do to the pressing of the tumor non malignant and also some signs of scoliosis? he is still on oxygen 2 is the number i believe
his oxy is at 100 and the 60 to 70 breaths per min..... when do you think he will be able to be off oxygen how long does it usually take, and do you think he will have a normal life? :'( :'( :'( ? He was in a nick unit in a manhattan hospital now he was transfered to rehab childrens hospital, i feel he could have stayed in the nick unit much better care? rehab is not doing what i thought and im disapointed. I have been so upset with this that i cant sleep nites thinking my grandson will always be a disabled child, my daughter lost her first child miscarriage and now she has a sick child, do you think he will live a normal life, im know i keep asking but somehow i think he made it thru surgery at this young age, and all he has to do is grow?