About 5 days ago, while at work, two of my knuckles became very inflamed, feeling itchy and tender. This is about the 4th time this year that i've experienced this symptom. Initially, i thought perhaps that i was getting bitten by some very particular bugs who liked knuckles. While that didn't seem quite right, the fact that the symptoms occurred while indoors, at work, seemed to totally rule out the bug bite theory. i am confused about what this may indicate about my health.

Community Administrator
https://www.steadyhealth.com/swollen_itchy_knuckles_t61130.html

Hello there,

Something similar has happen to my friend and although symptoms of the swelling gone in a few days she was very worried about her health so she has gone to the doctor’s office. Well, it has turned out that the main culprit for swollen knuckles was her nutrition. When you are eating rich food your liver or your kidneys can’t deal with the high amount of the uric acid which is causing the swelling.

Anyhow doctor took fluid from her big toe and after analysis it was confirmed that she has gout. She was prescribed Naproxen to get rid of the inflammation. Anyhow, if you are worried about this you can visit your doctor to see do you suffer from the same thing.