I have one delicate problem and I was hopping that someone could help me.
I didn’t contact a doctor or told anything about this to my friends because I am shamed.
One side of my labia lip has swollen and become quite itchy.
It's causing major problems in my relationship as I no longer want to have sex with my partner.
I feel insecure and somehow “incomplete”! I've explained to him how I feel and he just tells me I'm being stupid and that he loves me - but it doesn't help.
I feel as if I'm actually not only physically, but psychologically deformed.
What should I do?

Solution of your problem maybe stood there beside you all this time.
There could be a number of causes for this, but none of them serious; you'll be pleased to know.
It is most likely to be some form of allergy or dermatitis, and the commonest causes of this in this area is a reaction to something you are coming into contact with.
This could be your new underwear which has some synthetic fibers in it and they could cause this reaction.
Or it could be a vaginal deodorant or spray if you use one, or even a bath shampoo of some sort.
You probably know that this is a very sensitive region and you should be aware that all new materials or chemicals may cause some allergic reaction.
So think about whether there is something you are coming into contact with in this region that might be causing it.
Remove that factor and voila – your problems are solved!

More likely than new underwear or deodorant products, you may be sensitive to latex condoms. Try polyurethane condoms, and see if it goes away. In the meantime, if you're mature enough to have sex, you should be mature enough to handle speaking openly and honestly to your doctore whose job it is to obtain an accurate picture of your health.

sweetie, this sounds like a yeast infection. You need to make an appointment with your doctor as soon as possible.

Prickett, what you should do is GO TO YOUR DOCTOR. You're too ashamed to go to your doctor? Are you crazy? GYNOCOLOGISTS LITERALLY GO TO ACTUAL SCHOOL FOR THIS KIND OF THING.
For the love of everything, IT'S YOUR BODY FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.
Also I read it could be a bartholin cyst.

Did you try changing what types of soaps you use? I used shampoo to clean my body for a few days and developed a painful red bump on one side of my labia. I googled it and found out that it was from the shampoo! I hadn't even considered that until I read about it.
Shampoo is so irritating! I am throwing it all away and switching to baking soda for my head and sticking with regular soap for my body.
So it could be that the type of soap you are using down there is causing irritation. Mine went away 4 or 5 days after I stopped using harsh cleansers. Switch to a different type of soap and make sure it is gentle, then see if that helps!

Ive been having the same thing for a couple of days now. And I believe it might be an allergic reaction to An "Always Pad" since the swelling began on the first day of my period after using those pads, Now the swelling didnt go away and the itching is unbearable. :/ I dont know what to do, i keep using vagisil but that only helps for a couple of minutes.

Women are much more likely to show symptoms of Trich. These include a smelly, yellow-green discharge from the vagina, itchy genitals and thighs, swollen labia, and pain during intercourse or urination. Some women may confuse these symptoms with a yeast infection. 10% of women also experience lower abdominal pain and soreness. Women may also suffer from "strawberry cervix," in which lesions form on the cervix and vaginal walls, giving the appearance of redness.

Treatment: Trichomoniasis is easily treated with oral antibiotics. The drug metronidazole is a 90% to 95% effective cure for trichomoniasis infections. Pregnant women may also be treated with metronidazole, in order to prevent the trich bacteria from threatening pregnancy.

I have the exactly same problem! I get myn on and off, i have cream for it which i got from my doctor and it helps it go away wihtin 20mins. however, its not just about getting the cream, it is a problem, i just went to the doctor to ask all about it and she thinks it is a infection too which im now on medication for to help. I also have assist in my overies and so could you as the dr seems to think its the occuring problem. You can ge them removed but they do also burst over time. I hope u consider going to the dr and if you have a partner u need to tell him, My bf knows all about it, he comes with me to my appointments and helps me through it. If he doesnt do the same and he can't help u when ur in need dont waiste ur time. I hope u go to the doctor as its not going to get better leaving it.
I hope this helps!

I myself have had the same problem. Only theres no pain. It has been swollen for a while, now the whole left side looks stretched and saggy. I think its from over masturbation or something. So Im going to stop for a while and change all my soaps, but I heard many women have stretched labias. So maybe we are normal?

I have had this problem about three or four times in my lifetime (I am now 29) and have never had any luck with my OBGYNs. They always diagnosed it as a yeast infection or Bacterial Vaginosis and have given me antibiotics or Diflucan. Which has never worked. I have been tested over and over again for every STD on the planet and they were all negative as well. So I did a little research online and tried a couple of home therapies and finally figured out one method that works!

This is my self diagnosis and treatment: I am NOT a doctor by any means but I know this is my fool proof method to recovery and it has worked every time for me.

SYMPTOMS: Swollen, red, hard labia minora (inner lips), sometimes on just one side or both, irritated, sensitive to the touch, itchy, usually present as a result of having had sexual intercourse

TREATMENT: Take a sitz bath 2-3 times a day.

NEED: Bathtub, distilled vinegar, natural sea salt, A&D ointment

HOW TO MAKE A SITZ BATH: In the old days they used to call it a Sitz bath because you sat in a basin (larger bucket) just big enough for you to sit your bottom in. DO NOT GO BUY A BASIN. Just use your tub, works the same way. (1) Fill the tub with warm water just enough to submerge your bottom. The water should be WARM not hot. (2) Add 2 cups of distilled vinegar. Some add the apple cider vinegar because it has a slightly more pleasant smell, but either one is fine. Just make sure it has no preservatives. Vinegar has an agent in it that kills yeast. (3) Add 1 cup of natural sea salt. If you do not have sea salt, table salt will work but I personally prefer salt without preservatives and all natural. You can also use Epson salt if you don't have anything else. (4) Sit in the bath for 20-30 mins, and repeat this 2-3 times a day. After the first one you will feel like you just took a magic bath! OMG! (5) Do not use any soaps or bubble bath in the tub. Just soak. Try to keep your legs as open as you can to let the water treat the area. (6) When you get out, towel dry and gently PAT the area dry. As much as you want to scratch or rub it with a towel DONT. You will simply make it worse. Trust me I have done that one or twice myself. Learned my lesson. Pat dry and add the BEST creme ever invented, A&D ointment. This bad boy will save your LIFE!!! A&D ointment is what you put on baby's bottoms when they have diaper rash. Just take some of that and rub it on the side(s) that is/are inflammed. Usually when I get out the bath I just put on some loose comfy cottom jogging pants with no underwear and just lay around the house. After my first bath I feel almost ten times better...no words can explain! My symptoms usually disappear completely after 3-5 days, depending on the severity of my irritation.

I have never fully found a name for this condition and neither have any of the many doctors that I have seen, but I don't even care anymore because I found a cure that actually works and gets rid of it. I hope this can help some of you ladies with the same issue. I know the frustration of knowing you don't have an STD but having your little princess irritated like someone lit her on FIRE and nothing the doctor gives you is helping you feel better. Been there, done that! I can only hope this helps you as it has me many times in the past.

Also here is a good website on Sitz Baths if you have questions.

I have the same issue. But it's just developed within the past 30 mins and it's freaking me out. My vagina lips became very itchy and buring and as time went on my lips began to swell, the left one is much more swollen then the right and I'm worried but I did just get some new underwear and I'm thinking that may be the problem or my soap I'm not sure. The last time I had sex was a couple of days ago but nothing seemed to bother me then..Im going to take some Benadryl just incase it is an allergic reaction.

hey, um well, me and bfwere fooling around and he went down adn used fingers and everything was fine, he didnt hurt me or anything, then we had intercourse nd all like normal and when i got home i realised i was bleeding abit and my lips were swollen...As we didnt use a condom coz we both got tested im unsure what this could be?! anyone got any ideas please?

Yeah, I've had that problem, most likely it IS an allergic reaction. A couple years ago, my fiance and I were in the midst if you catch my drift and I started getting sore, it was completely unbearable. Come to find out I was allergic to the spermicide on the condom we were using!!! I had to ice my girly area and it was SOOO swollen. After the ice, the pain and itching went away. I just washed up with a gentle hand soap, and stayed away from those condoms. But, it streched my labia to a good size and though the swelling went down...on side of me is still long and grosses me out. Anyways, just try changing your laundry soap and body soaps. If that doesn't work you may have an allergy to the elastic in your panties. Some people are even allergic to their own sweat. Just do some changing around and if it's still occuring you can call the nurse in your gyno's office and they can probably point you in a direction. Hope things go better.

oh and I forgot...I am also allergic to him...haha
So, if it is occuring after intercourse that could also be part of it...I can't even hug him if he's sweaty cuz I'll break out in hives!