Hi, guys. I had some problem with excessive sweating and at the end, I was diagnosed with hidradenitis suppurativa. My doctor recommended me infliximab for the treatment, but I am not sure. This drug has many side effects. Can anyone help me with more info? I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Hi, there. You shouldn’t take HS for granted. Although it doesn’t sound like it, this is a disease with a significant morbidity. Usual treatments are not so successful. Infliximab can be precious here. It consists of monoclonal antibodies that attack Tumour Necrosis Factor Alpha (TNF Alpha). TNF is very important inflammation mediator. I agree that there are side effects. That is why you should consult your doctor about the details of this treatment. Good luck!

Look, I think that you all do already know that every drug has its side - effects, not just this one. Just because somebody had a side - effects because of some medicine, Infliximab, in this case, it doesn't have to mean that you will have it as well. Every hidradenitis suppurativa treatment is different than any other, and it affects every person differently. I know that this type of the treatment is effective, especially if you are at the beginning of this issue. I think that they did a research on 6 patient, and a five of the patients showed some progression.