hello guys, so this problem about hidradenitis suppurativa is really nasty. first, I noticed this around my armpits. in the beginning, it was not that serious and not that visible, so I believed that it will go away. I was putting some cream on it, but it didn't disappear. after that, I started to notice this that I have this on my butt as well and now, it seems really serious. I went to my dermatologist, he told me this diagnose, and he gave me some cream, in order to see will it go away before he prescribes some antibiotics for me. can antibiotics treat my hidradenitis suppurativa? tnx in advance. 

Celebrity

Good day. I think that they can relieve the symptom, but I am not sure that antibiotics can actually help you until you find an underlying cause. Generally, this type of menage is recommended in early stages, and this is something that you should be focused on. Generally, a treatment should be individualized according to the state and extent of the issue, but besides some medications, soaps and some other things that may help you, you also need to change some habits. For example, if you smoke, then you should quit. And so many other things you can do. But, you say that your problem is nasty. What does that mean? 

I mean really nasty lol. It was infecting the small part of the area, but within one month, it started to spread which was really ugly. I mean, I was not able to follow how fast this was growing. I really believed that if I put some cream if I wash it often and if I don't use any deodorant, this will go away. But it seems that this was a mistake and I really don't know what to do. I can say that I didn't go to see a dermatologist because I am being irresponsible. I can't tell anything else but that. Now, I am scared and I hope that antibiotics can treat this fast. I mean, really really fast. What do you think? Am I right or it is late already?

Sure they can. Hidradenitis Suppurativa treatment is generally different for each person. But yes, generally I think that in most of the cases any doctor will prescribe an antibiotic for you since they are widely used. As they are so widely used, they are also considered to be one of the mainstays of treatment of HS. Also, your dermatologist can definitely help you determine what antibiotic or even a combination of antibiotics may help to reduce the symptoms that you are dealing with. I am sure that some of the antibiotics will help you get rid of this ugly situation. 

Good day. Oral treatment is good and yes, your problems with hidradentis suppurativa can be healed with antibiotics. When I had this issue, a soap helped me, but there are so many other people who haven't find it helpful. One a friend of mine was using a Metformin. It is an oral medication used to treat diabetes in the first place, but it also often helps control the symptoms of HS in patients who are resistant to other treatments, such are soaps and some other antibiotics. So, maybe this one will be good for you, I don't know. Some hormonal therapies also can help.