Hi, folks. I have been experiencing some excessive sweating with unpleasant smell. It affects mostly groin and armpits. I think that I may have hidradenitis suppurativa. I really don’t know what to do, so I was hoping to find out some more info here. Can anyone help me with this? I would appreciate it.

Hello there,

for how long you are experiencing those? If you are suspecting that you have this issue, maybe you want to contact your health care provider before this becomes more dangerous? In the early stage, he will set a proper hidradenitis suppurativa treatment for you and maybe you won't even need to think about the surgery, that usually happens when you don't react on the time. I would suggest you not to take any steps alone, like some creams or pills, because you are not an expert and you don't know how this is treated with. Consulting your doctor will help you seek a good treatment option, and with a little faith and good will, everything will be ok! 

Hi, there. Hidradenitis is indeed a medical term for excessive sweating. You should visit a doctor to handle this. Since it is suppurative, you will have to take antibiotics. In some cases, they are combined with corticosteroids. I would also recommend you visiting a dermatologist. There are laser treatments that can help. Sometimes, a surgeon can help. I hope this will help as well. Good luck!

siegfried1195 wrote:

I can help you help yourself :) I've done my homework on hs. I have it too. Drs are no help. A change in diet will fix it if you're willing to try it- Its a gluten and dairy intolerance. Once I stopped eating ALL SOURCES of milk and gluten- it IMMEDIATELY backed down and went away!!!! Hooray! I hope You decide to give it a try :) God bless :)