I'm asking for a friend who has recurring boils under her armpits. I've taken a look and done some Googling and I think she probably has Hidradenitis Suppurativa. Not nice stuff at all, very painful too. Repeated boils under the armpits are not only unpleasant, but embarrassing to boot. 

So my friend is wondering what she can do about this (not to mention how to actually confirm the diagnosis) hopefully without going to the doctor. What are some Hidradenitis Suppurativa treatments that will get rid of boils under the armpit that you can implement at home - successfully? 

OK, this thing, which is also called acne inversa, is a serious chronic medical condition and I wouldn't advise anyone who think they have it to not see a doctor.

There are things you can do to minimize the symptoms that don't require a doctor though. They're wearing loose cotton clothing that doesn't rub against the armpits, washing gently with an anitiseptic wash, definitely not shaving the area, and slowly pushing against boils with a clean towel to ease the pus out. I've also heard that people with acne inversa need to avoid dairy products.

Is that enough by itself? I doubt it, but it will help some so starting those things right away will help ease the symptoms a bit.

I saw this for the first time a couple of years ago when my husband had it. I don't need to tell you how ugly this was. I suppose that it is painful as well. Only I imagine if I were having it. What to do? Well, back then, besides we were visiting the doctors, we tried to find hidradenitis suppurativa (natural) treatment because somehow I think that chemistry would make it only worse. What really helped my hubby was the next thing - you should apply warm compresses and soak the boil in warm water. For sure, this will decrease the pain because my husband was crying like a little child, but it also will and draw the pus to the surface, which is good. You should do that for 10 days of its appearance and after that, you can squeezing out the excess moisture. It is ugly, I  know. 

A self-cure routine for Hidradenitis Suppurativa will help your friend manage her symptoms to some degree. Good examples were already mentioned by the last poster. Do be aware that a doctor can prescribe better treatments to manage Hidradenitis Suppurativa though, and these include antibiotics and vitamin A derivatives. Immune system drugs like Remicade can have a positive effect as well, alongside hormone therapy in some cases. 

Unless your friend lives somewhere where a doctor is unavailable or cannot afford a doctor, medical management is strongly advised for this chronic condition, which cannot be "cured" as such anyway because it is chronic. Every little bit will help. There's a lot of pain involved with the boils, and if a doctor can at least fix that, why not grab the chance with both hands?

I wouldn't necessarily assume hidradenitis suppurativa just because someone has a boil or multiple boils in their armpits. The armpits are among the most common places for boils to develop. They can form because of poor hygiene, related to excessive shaving or poor shaving technique, and they are related to a weakened immune system (aided by poor diet) as well.

Regardless, anyone who has a boil and swollen lymph nodes, fever, severe pain or highly inflamed boils needs to get medical attention.

Just  checking in to thank you for the replies so far. 

I've seen her armpits. They look dreadful. We aren't talking about a lone boil here, but an armpit doomsday fest. When I compare the pictures of Hidradenitis Suppurativa on Google Images to what she has, it looks incredibly similar. I'm asking for a treatment without going to the doctor just because I know my friend is more the DIY type, unlikely to see a doctor unless she thinks she is going to die or something. It sounds like I should try to convince her, offer to come along to the appointment, though. 

Celebrity

I am definitely a believer in natural treatments where they are available, and I have heard that you can cure Hidradenitis Suppurativa by cutting certain foods from your diet. Give up gluten, eggs, dairy, and nightshade family vegetables, and you might see a drastic improvement in your condition. I know many others have. 

Some people even go so far as to say that Hidradenitis Suppurativa is an undiagnosed allergic reaction to some of these products. If you are only allergic to one or some of them, you may cut them from your diet one at a time and see which one causes your symptoms to subside. 

Rosie

Yuck! Whether this friend is actually you or really a friend, I feel sorry for whoever has multiple boils under their armpits. That sounds like a really painful and nasty condition to have. I don't know much about this other than if I had pimple looking things under my armpits I'd try to pop them and apply painkiller creams if they hurt, but if they didn't go away I'd head for my GP at the speed of light. Just 'cause. Boils under the armpits. No thanks. I'd not look for natural remedies and go for the strongest antibiotic of whatever they'd offer me.