hey there. I am in pain because of the hidradenitis suppurativa surgery. I had this surgery almost a month ago, but it seems to me that, despite the antibiotics that I am using and those pain relievers, it won't go away. it is present there and it bothers me a lot. don't know what to do anymore, I mean, I had problems when I had it, they told me that surgery will remove this pain, but it didn't happen at all. I don't know what to do, my doctor says that this is normal, but I don't see how. Advice? 

Good day. I really hope that you seek for another opinion in order to see what this is and why this happens. Also, you should know that you are not the first example for this because a lot of people just don't have a luck with a Hidradenitis Suppurativa treatment, but that is normal. It takes a time until doctor set a proper treatment for you in this case. Anyway, you should talk to someone and you should be patient as well, because I know that some people do believe that results will come overnight, after the surgery, which is false. 

Celebrity

Hi there. It takes time, you should know that. People sometimes do believe that this all will go away as soon as they have this surgery. After three days, they will be back to normal. That is totally wrong, because, besides this surgery, you still need to use some antibacterial creams, maybe even the antibiotics and use some antibacterial soaps. I really don't want to mention lifestyle changes, such as cutting off some bad foods, sugars, etc. Anyway, if you are a smoker, it is time to stop as well and you should do more recreation in order to be better soon. 

Hi.

Don't know why, to be honest. I don't know anyone who had this surgery, but my friend was about to have it. A doctor told him that if some treatments just don't work, he will schedule the surgery for him. So, he asked a doctor to tell him more about this surgery, so he did - he told him that generally, those surgeries are really successfully, that you will feel relief after a while (when he said a while, he meant week or two), but as far as I remember, a doctor never told him anything about this issue. Did you consult him? Over and over again? 

There are different types of surgery for hidradenitis suppurativa. Some of them might work, while some of those are not so effective. I had a wide-scale excision, which is actually a removal of the affected area and tissue. After a couple of procedures, there is a need for a more extensive operation since bigger areas of the skin are affected, and scarring will be deeper, which automatically means that the recovery process will be longer, even for a month. In my case, it was a little bit longer than one month. So, according to everything that you have described, I believe that you had this procedure as well. You have to be patient and you need to control every change that happens. That is the only way to recovery. Good luck!