Hello there. So, I am really ashamed to admit this, but I am dealing with a hidradenitis suppurativa problem and I don't know what to do. Whatever soap I am using, it irritates the area and I think that is even worse than before. It started to happen to me three weeks ago, and of course that I went to consult my dermatologist, but he told me that I should wait for a couple of days until I see what is going on and how this irritation can disappear. But I can't wait because the summer is coming and it is going to be very visible. What soap should I use when having hidradenitis suppurativa problem?

Hello there, it depends on which stadium your problem is. There are a couple of them that you can actually use for the Hidradenitis Suppurativa treatment, but it also can be very delicate as well. That is why you might want to consult your doctor and your dermatologist about this. When I had a really small issue with this, because it was at the beginning, I was using a Pinetarsol soap. This is actually a type of substance that has been used in a number of skin issue because it is a fluid based on pine tar. I think that I even fond the information that they were using this for more than 2.000 years, which tells a lot, right?

Celebrity

I think that any soap that is antibacterial can help, but when you open one for this problem, you should use it just for this. So, basically, it is very easy because antibacterial soap is a cleansing agent that typically contains triclosan or another antimicrobial agent that is really helpful, since this type of soap is fighting against bacteria, fungal, etc. It is powerful and it has its own effects, so this type of soap will eliminate the bacteria that may be causing the condition and helps eliminate the skin disorder. But, of course, in order to determine in which condition your skin is, consult your dermatologist. 

I had this problem once when I was in the high school. I think that this was a time when I was shaving more often than usual. I did it, and after that, I was putting a deodorant on. I just can't describe you how this was painful. I went to see a dermatologist after 10 days because it wouldn't just go away itself. I was aware of this. So, he recommended me to cut using deodorants for a while, until this goes away.  He told me that I should use a Hibiclens soap, but you need to be aware that this it's strong stuff and that it can cause your skin to break if you are using it too much. Once a day is totally enough. 

Hi there. I can definitely share my experience with you. I was struggling with HS at several places - while at one place just goes away, it is there at another one. It was really disturbing and the worse thing was because it was painful. So, I went to consult my dermatologist as well to help me find a proper soap that I can use. He recommended me one, I can't even remember which one was that, but I do know that it never helped me. So, he needed to give me antibiotics to help me treat those. Only oral antibiotics have helped me. That is, unfortunately, my experience. I wish that this was different, but no...