I have been looking in to different autoimmune diseases and there are just so many of them around! Many more than you would first think. Take Hidradenitis Suppurativa for instance, it is something that I had never heard about before. Have you? Can you tell me what it does? How does it affect the body and which parts??

Hidradenitis Suppurativa attacks the hair follicles and sweat glands. It strikes mainly women, though this is definitely not exclusively the case. Hidradenitis Suppurativa is a nasty disease that leaves horrible boils and pus filled bubbles on the skin. It can be very painful and lasts for many years. It can go into remission though, and then scars are often left on the body.

Yes, it is true. Hidradenitis suppurativa commonly occurs around hair follicles with many oil and sweat glands. The most affected areas are the armpits, groin and anal area. But it can also happen when you rub some parts of your body together.. Hidradenitis suppurativa can affect one spot or multiple areas of the body and there are so many different hidradenitis suppurativa causes. It is painful and ugly. I suggest you use antibacterial soaps and to avoid a lot of unnecessary chemistry. Do not try to pierce them with the needle (even if you want to do anything to make them go away). It can cause an infection.