Good day. My husband got his recent diagnose, hidradenitis suppurativa on his groin. He went to see a dermatologist, he told him that this is a beginning and that it can go away soon if he treats it right. So, he gave him some antibiotics and a cream. As soon as he came home, he started to read about this and he found some experiences where it says that metformin can help him sooner than anything else. I am skeptical, I am telling him that he should listen to his doctor, but he doesn't want to. Has anyone had any success treating hidradenitis suppurativa with metformin? Tnx in advance. 

as far as I know, this is a medicine that is primarily used to treat diabetes. I do know that at the market there are several of the medications that you can use for both issues in the same case, but I don't know about this one. I mean, I did have a friend who was all about this and he went through this problem, and he really needed a lot of time to find a proper medication, but I am not sure that he ever mentioned that metformin is an option. So, if you know something else, let us know. Now, I am curios! 

Hello, I think that several dermatologists will recommend a Metformin for Hidradenitis Suppurativa treatment because so far it turns to be a good treatment option for this issue. My dermatologist also recommended it to me, but unfortunately, it didn't work. I have no idea why, but it seems that it is true that we all do have a different type of skin and what is good for someone it doesn't necessarily have to be good for someone else. So, I know that one of my friends is really satisfied with it, while I am not. Try it, I don't know what else to tell you. Wish you all the luck. 

Celebrity

Hi everyone. The truth is that Metformin actually helps control hidradenitis suppurativa and the most important thing is that you have a with minimal side effects when you are using it. Anyway, if this medicine is not proper for you, there is a bunch spectrum of treatments, that are actually available in the treatment of this disease. So, it doesn't have to be specifically a metformin, it can be something else. Remember, if this one won't work for you, there is some other medication that will work. So, don't be scared. If this one doesn't fit you, you will find another one.