Hi, folks. My kid is eight years old and I have noticed that he started with excessive sweating in his groin area. I was surprised by this since this is not something that I expected in a kid. I guess he might have hidradenitis suppurativa. Is it really possible for this disorder to appear in children?

Hi, there. You are right. HS is more characteristic for adults, but it can also affect children. Kids, especially in pre-puberty are changing. They are under the influences of hormones and this can manifest in various ways. You should first see what causes this sweating. I recommend you visiting a specialist. Not every doctor can recognize HS. Please, let me know what you do. Good luck!

Yes, I agree. My niece was affected with it as well. I couldn't believe it but it happens. It is really hard to tell what kids should use in this case, or what type of the treatment you should give to them. Anyway, hidradenitis suppurativa treatment is always a good option, but as long as this doesn't turn into something worse. If this happens, you know that you need to visit the doctor and tell him that you need something that is going to treat them properly. Usually, those are antibiotics. My niece was 9 years old when she was using antibiotics, and I really don't need to mention how hard they were for her.