I need to know what the symptoms of vaginal polyps are. I suspect on polyps because I’ve been having abnormal discharge between the periods for some time. One of my friends had vaginal polyps once. She had removed them surgically but they recurred after, and now she has to go to another one. I think that they are going to remove her uterus. I would like to get some information about usual removal procedures of vaginal polyps. Thank you for your help.

My daughter had surgical removal of vaginal polyps. Her symptoms were: heavy bleeding and pain between the periods. They did biopsy of the polyp to make sure that it’s not malignant. Procedure was performed by a physician; he just cut the polyp off at the base. She had minor bleeding after, but she was ok. I can’t give you detail information about vaginal polyps, but I know for sure that they recur and in extreme cases continue to grow.