I had colonoscopy where they removed colon polyps I had. I went home that day and I was resting whole day. I have two small kids and next day I worked around the house because of them. I noticed little bleeding. I am not sure is that normal after polyp removal or I did something wrong. What I should do?

You should be aware that there are two potentially serious complications of colonoscopy, but that can happen rarely. Bleeding may occur at the time of polyp removal or up to two weeks later as the area of the polyp removal heals, but it is very rare! Secondly and more rarely it is possible to suffer a bowel perforation. I know about the case when polyps have occurred again. Did you know that this is possible?

Polyps are usually benign but if they grow large (and they can grow up to 5 cm) they will cause many problems with your health, especially with bowel movements. I think that surgery is done only for large polyps, and for the smaller ones endoscopy is the treatment option that can help you. I think you need to take at least few days of rest after the procedure. Your bleeding is definitely caused by your physical activity around the house. You should’ve found someone to help you for a day or two. How much blood have you noticed? If this doesn’t last long you should be fine as long as you take enough rest.
All the best,
Danella