Hello! I would appreciate if anyone could explain or tell me something about Tophacous gout. Thank you for your time

Tophacous gout is a form of chronic gout and it developes after years and years of chronic persistent gout. In this condition, masses of uric acid crystals are formed in different soft tissue in the body. They are called tophi and are most often found around the fingers, at the tips of the elbows, around the big toe, however, they may appear anywhere on the body like on the ears and vocal cords. These tophi may look pretty nasty if they break through the skin and appear as white, big nodules. In older people, they may form at an early stage of the disease but it usually appears about 10 years after not treating gout. The prevalence of tophaceous gout is reduced nowadays to only 3% of the patients due to appropriate drug therapies.