Hi, I need some advice as to what to do next?, I will put it in order to make it shorter and understandble~.
1.- I have been to 2 doctors for neck/clavicle bone pain, 2 orthopedics and 1 primary and noone knows what this bump is and why my arm and neck hurt so much?.
I have had pain and a bump on my clavicle bone for about a year its geting worse and causes arm acheness. I had a nerve test, mri and xray to show nothing there. the only thing that helps for the pain is loritabs but I dont want to take that forever!. I am a hairstylist and know that when after I work it does ache more. but still hurts when Im not working. does anyone have any suggestions?. Im going back to the orthopedic doctor that did the nerve test to see what else she can do per my primary doctor. does anyone think I should go to a neurologist??. thanks for your time. I was thinking of acupuncture??

i know of someone who had an infection in her bone. maybe see an infectious disease doctor. what kind of bump do you have? is it just a bump or is there redness or tenderness involved

no it is not red or hot or anything just hurts I notice it even when I bend over it hurts its like a pain not ache it makes my arm ache though and my neck.. thanks but I dont think its an infection?

I have been to my primary doctor for neck/clavicle bone pain and clavicle bone bump. He didn't say what the bump is or what is causing the pain. I have had the pain and the bump on my clavicle bone for about four months and the pain is geting worse. I don't take anything for the pain because I can make the pain come and go based on my body position. I had an xray and it was normal. I am 58 years old and retired with my husband. Does anyone know what this is?

I have had a lump on my right clavicle (collar bone) near sternum for about 15 months. It's not painful but I can feel a pulling sensation occasionally. My right shoulder has recently started to ache especially notice it when I wake up in the morning. I've been for xray and scan and told it's nothing to worry about. Of course I am worried. Have been told it's a form of arthritis probably but get the impression no one knows. I'd like to be able to do something positive to alleviate this. I keep hoping the lump will go and the shoulder ache with it. I am 56 and healthy and active. Any suggestions please.

THE INNER END OF THE CLAVICLE HAS SEPARATED FROM ITS SOCKET MOST LIKELY FROM A FALL THE TENDONS TEAR AND WHEN YOU MOVE YOUR CLAVICLE MOVES OVER THE TOP OF THE OPPOSING CLAVICLE THAT’S YOUR LUMP AT THE SHOULDER AND PROBABLY AT THE STERNUM AND SHOULDER BLADE, WHEN A CAT SCAN IS PERFORMED THE TECH WILL MAKE THE PATIENT LYE ON HIS BACK SO THE IMAGE MAKES THE CLAVICLE STRUCTURE LOOK LIKE IT IS IN PROPER ORDER THE CAT SCAN MUST BE PERFORMED WHILE LYING ON THE INJURED SIDE THIS WILL PROPERLY SHOW THE INJURY

Hi Susi261,

I had a similiar problem. I went from dr. to dr. and no one could help me. i finally went to see an orthopedic surgeon that mainly dealt with infections and cancer. He ended up doing all sorts of scans and finally a biopsy. He didnt find anything as he was looking for infections and such.. but i ahve been pain free ever since. He dug a channel in my clavicle and told me that that sometimes this heals itself.. hard to believe but so far (3 months later) it has worked.
good luck.. i feel your pain

I went to my doctor yesterday as I was having alot of pain in my left neck area and down my back and chest. He said it was a clavicle strain without really checking anything..It hurts constantly and I am not sure where to go from here as he made it sound like something I would just have to learn to live with. I would appreciate any information I could get. Thanks

I'm having the same problem! I was so surprised to read you guys' comments, especially about the bump. I lifted a very heavy bag and put it on my shoulder 2 days ago, and have had a bump and severe shoulder pain ever since. I talked to my doctor about getting an mri, and she said, "just ice it. If it doesn't get better, go to an orthopedic doctor and he/she can inject it with something that should relieve the pain". That advice felt like my concerns weren't being taken very seriously, considering the intensity of pain I'm in. If I take pain meds, put ice on it, elevate my arm so its' horizontal using lots of pillows, I do get some relief. Just letting my arm hang down naturally is very painful. I don't understand what the bump is. Does anyone have any ideas specifically about the bump? The bump is located more toward the right side of the left clavice, rather than toward the shoulder itself. If you run your fingers down the clavicle, you hit the bump and stop. Drawing an analogy, I would say it feels like a broken bone, where the broken edges of separated and one side has slipped up over the other side. Thus, causing the fingers to stop moving when running along the bone. Does this make sense to anyone?

I am having a similar problem. I noticed about six weeks ago pain in the area below my left clavicle (more in the center where those two bones meet right beneath the center of your neck). I have a lump on the bone at the end of the clavicle that meets in the center of your neck (on the left side of the clavicle but in the center below the neck). I couldn't figure out what this was so I went to my PCP, she said it was definitely the bone and not tissue; she told me to go get an X-ray which I just did a couple of days ago and am waiting for the results. My Chiropractor told me it is a subluxation, meaning that the bone is "popped" out of place. This all started about two weeks after I had a needle biopsy on my left breast in January: At first, I had a terrible "pull" in my neck on the left side and then about a month later noticed my clavicle was sore and I had that bump on the end of the clavicle. I do not play contact sports and have not been "working-out" on any gym equipment. Can anyone shed any light on what you think this could be? I am 49 years old and am otherwise very healthy and not overweight at all. Let me know if anyone has any ideas!!!!!

I found a lump just above and slightly behind my left clavicle bone three years ago. I went to my PA, she was very concerned and sent me for a scan at the hospital. When she called with the scan results she said it is scar tissue. I said I never had an injury there. She didn't respond, other than it shows it is scar tissue. In recent months is has become painful. If I carry anything or if I am tired it hurts more. It also seems a little larger at times. At first she thought it was a lymph node but when the scan came back as scar tissue that was the end of checking it out. Does this sound normal and nothing to worry about.. I am 55 years old, I also suffer from CFS.

Did you find out what this is? My dad is having similiar symptoms. thanks, Cindy :?

this is what happened to me :( im in a lot of pain im 19 and i dont want 2 live my life like this any1 know anythink i do to help my neck is the most uncontble plez help any1 do i need sugrey?

I feel your pain my brothers. In summer 2009 i had arthroscopic surgery for my right shoulder because i had a right shoulder pain. I had an MRI done and it showed that i had a lebrum tear, mild bursitis, tendiopathy both for supraspinitus and infraspinitus, and acromium type 3 impingement. The PA did things in a rush, I dont think he even looked at the MRI results but either way i had surgery it went well or so i thought, they shoulder didnt hurt except for the fact that it didnt have its full range of motion it was still very strong and stable and had like 90-95  percent of its range of motion it was all good but in the winter of 2009 i lifted a heavy object and i thought i had pulled something on my spinal cord around the lumbar area i didnt think much of it i stretched it out and went to work right after that it hurt for two days after but i could bear it, plus i was broke and needed money, this pain would come to flare up here and there every once in a while, but i also noticed during this time that my right collarbone had a deformity to it. It was very curvy no pain whats so ever so i didnt seek professional help i thought it was a normal part of an operation so i had to live with it no big deal but also it was coupled with cracking on the back of my neck on the lower cervical and thorac area i thought maybe it was my scapula where it attaches to the spinal cord or it could be my back pain moving around since this is known to happen, it could be the back pain stiffing and pulling on my neck muscles that attach to that area of the spinal cord, either way there was no pain so no worries and besides it just cracked when i took in very deep breaths, after a while my right shoulder starting acting up cracking popping it caused some discomfort and pain to move but still mobile, the cracking on my neck started to crack more often it was a annoying and sometimes kinda painful vaguely painful, only relief of back cracking was when i was laying down but since the surgery of 2009 i had to train myself to sleep supinely not prone (belly up not belly down) this was a hardship since getting over habits is very hard but i did it and with that success came some insomnia had to fight through it. It wasnt that bad I only had initial insomnia it would take me maybe 30-60 minutes to fall asleep. after a while i noticed that the cracking at the back of my neck occured even when i took deep breaths laying down and that the clavicle(collarbone) inside end was pocking somewhat out and if i put my finger there i could feel it poping or grinding not painful thought believe it or not, but what did bother me was that I was in banquet and a server carrying trays and my right hand was the dominant but it trained my left hand for balancing as well so i would change off, I decided to see a doctor about the bone shape deformity but she said that it was normal to feel some pain and see physical changes after surgery so she waved me off after that i felt that the joint were my collarbone connects to my sternum felt really loose this was while i was driving i was scared it would rip right off through my chest and i was just barely entering work when i felt this looseness and tenderness i prayed to (my) our GOD for nothing bad to happen to me that day of work nothing did but boy was i scared and cautious of every movement i did that day. After this incident i decided to see my primary physician one more time tell her the deal and get a referral to see my orthopedic surgeon. I got the referral since i could tell the primary physician knew it was kind of abnormal and serious. I made an appointment with the physician assistant to my disappointment the orthopedic surgeon was a very busy man and all she told me was its nothing you just need rest for a week(of course she didnt know that i had rested for like 3 weeks) i soon made another appointment and i made it with a different doctor who told me the opposite he told me that my shoulder was tight and that i needed physical therapy that didnt sound right since everytime i moved my shoulder it was causing me more pain and yeah of course the dread of pain is gonna stop me from moving my shoulder and cause stiffness. I know stiffness can lead to other problems such as osteoarthritis and frozen shoulder thats way i needed to hurry up and get to the bottom of this i made another appointment this time with the orthopedic surgeon he did a physical exam on me that day i was feeling better than usual but he could obviously see the deformity the conventional x ray showed nothing so he recommended some exams blood test for arthritis which came up negative thank GOD praise to you oh Lord Jesus and bone scan test which also showed nothing no cancer development or bone fracture looked normal, unfortunately for me the day after i saw the doctor the pain intensified tenfold i could bearly think of anything else even the girl i loved thought was push to the side now i knew it was serious i could only use my left hand for everything and the pain was agonizing and unbearable i wanted to have never existed in the first place i could doctors office but they said they couldnt recommend anything yet but controlled substances for pain relief i wanted to rip my hair off they didnt understand that this was an emergency my neck started to hurt the clavicle i think is causing some pressure on it and maybe even friction is occuring between them moving my neck hurts sleeping is now almost entirely impossible i find the minimal pain position is in a reclined position i use lots of pillows to hold my back up and head but even this hurts to get into and out of, breathing sometimes hurts i feel borning sensation down through my sternum as if my ribs are about to rip open my right arm hurts and is immobile as well as that sides neck muscles it all feels tense and painful to move the left shoulder hurts i believe i also have a lebrum tear among other things (hopefully not) and a burning sensation their too my left clavicle is now burining to, i have a sore troat, i havent had any good sleep for the past 2 weeks, i lost my apetite, i dont wanna see my friends (guess cuz i feel like a loser im in a complete hault and their moving at the speed of light, though i am happy for them), my best friend thinks i hate him or something or that im a loser that doesnt wanna do anything and his sister is the girl that i been crushing on since the dawn of my creation i think i love her and my persistence finally paid off three months ago but i knew that she was the most beautiful woman ever to live and that i was a poor fool not much money, no car, poor family, not much dating experience since all i ever thought of was her but she had plenty of experience which i hated and felt overwhelmed by it and her brother had told me she thought of my as a loser since she made her move and i didnt but i wanted to prove to her her family especially her dad and mom and brother (my best friend basically brother) that i deserved her and that i wasnt a loser and that i could make her happy and take care of her, i had plans but i guess it wasnt GOD's plans or maybe i didnt communicate to him about it or i didnt ask him for his blessing either way im suffering in everyway, spiritualy(why GOD, maybe theres something better waiting on the other side i hope so i pray that this is just a lesson to learn from to make me a better man on this earth to my family and friends and to stranger and most importantly to her), mentally hurting (depressed needless to say ive had more than i can count thoughts of suicide or not existing at all), physically hurting (most painful off all  i thought emotional pain was bad but whole body back pain plus neck and shoulder chest pain is real bad), and emotional pain ( i really care alot about this chick maybe even love her i would definitely give up my life for her or soul for her even if its not worth much maybe not even to her i dont know, dont wanna find out) im disappointed but there is time and hope though time is now not a luxury, i will see my doctor again and i should get referrals for useful exams such as CAT scan and MRI scan hopefully not to late to do something about it and make me good as new so i can live active and get with this amazing woman. So please pray for me and if you have gone through something like this give me advice and hope and motivation and inspiration and referrals to the best doctors even though i have a great doctor as well plus i GOD the most amazing doctor. pray for me again and for my best friend (yes the brother of the girl i crush on love) he has kidney pain hopefully its nothing, were both good guys we dont do drugs(recreational drugs), drink alcohol like that, we arent in a gang steal kill rape, we dont cheat, or been bad to our partents.... also pray for all those in pain as well not just us i dont wanna sound selfish thankyou and GOD bless i wish you the best, the most disappointing thing about this predicament is not the pain though its the most painful and debilatating its that this girl well now shes a woman finally digs me or was digging me and i had to say no cuz i knew or thought i wasnt good enough and that it would end terrible for us i just wanted to make sure that if something is worth doing you need to do it as well as you can and when your ready i was going to get myself ready work hard, work on my body, work my brain go to school make some money than ask her out on a real date but right now im here in a dark black pit but i know GOD will give me his helping hand he asks us to love our neighbor and to love him and I really care for this chick maybe love her so its just a matter of time this story is going to end with a happy ending i know it and its gonna happen soon not like super late Im 21 she is 19 she said she wants to get married at the age of 25 i still got time. till than i will work hard to be optimistic and after im fixed work hard to stay healthy and to win her over and sweep her off her feet. AMEN!!! HALLELUJAH, ALLELUIA

Hi, I am a Chiropractor who works in depth with musculoskeletal pain. Pain from the muscles and ligament attachemts to the spine. I found most of my patients suffered from this, more than something structural like disc or spur issues. In other words. What I found was that when patients came in and said they had been to many other physicians such as Orthos, sports docs, neurosurgeons, ect, but no one had an answer. Those were the people I could help. Because it was something more simple and others were looking for something structural and more serious, and it must not have. I was able to help these people about 98% of the time. I discovered that when a muscle was injured or in spasm from over use, it would shorten and tug at the bone it was attached to. Sometimes it was injured where the muscle starts to turn white and become ligamentus where it attaches to the bone. And sometimes it was where the ligamentus area is attaching to the bone. If it was where the ligamentus area attaches to the bone, the bone would become irritated and even have a knobby area would form. I would ice the area w/ an ice cube, then find the sore ligament, it was very detailed work. It was painful for the patient, but it got better surprising fast and also showed significant results. The bigger the ligament, the worse the pain and longer to heal. The ligamentus area when injured takes a long time to heal. MD's don't specialize in muscle or skeletal, so they'll miss it. Anyway, I recently began having pain in left clavicle, about a year ago. It started in the neck, but after a few months I began to have collar bone pain, only with certain actions., but it's severe. When i do something to flare it, it goes up to the neck and I can't move my head, arm, I'm stuck due to pain. I can't fix it!!! I who has always solved these things for others, I wish I could clone myself. I've been to other DC's, and massage, they don't get it. I believe the pain is coming from the large, thick ligament that comes off the collar bone and attaches itself to the sternum. If I can locate the pain point and ice, then rub the area where I feel the joint space, then ice again. I should be able to fix it. But the pain point is only there at the flare up, although I still can't move due to pain for a day after, I can't locate any area near the pain that screams at me. It must be a ligament, if I figure it out I'll post. I think you should begin thinking about a ligament. I've treated people for knee pain who had been to specialists and been told they found nothing wrong. Yet upon my investigation I would palpate the area where the top and bottom knee bones join, the ligamentus material holding the bone together can get stretched a little too far and become nagging pain, that no one would ever see unless there is a tear. Left undetected it could become a tear because it's weak, but it's just severely irritated. I rub it out, ice it and the patient is shocked that after all his efforts, my 30 min appt could help so dramatically in one visit. They only come back about 5-10 times and they are back in action. Good luck. I hope this makes sense.