Hi, guys. I talked to my friend yesterday over the phone and she told me she couldn’t get out since she has blepharospasm. I would like to know something more about this disease. What are the symptoms? Does anyone know? I would appreciate all your replies. Thanks in advance. Bye, folks!

Hello to you too. Blepharospasm appears when nerve that controls muscles around an eye is dysfunctional. The exact cause is unknown. People manifest it with blinking. This blinking is involuntary. It can also manifest with a disability to keep eyes open. In some cases, only one eye is affected. You should talk to your friend about the details. I hope everything will be all right with her. Bye!

Hallo,
The fact is that this condition is connected to her eyelids. This condition characterizes the number of blinks in eyes. You see, the normal rate of human blinks in one minute is from 10 to 20, and when you read a book or work on computer this can reduce. But if the number of blinks increases then you have a condition that is known as blepharospasm. This usually happens if she had some eye trauma or if she has dry eyes. If the eyes are dry the blinking is just an effort to moisturize the eyes better. She can benefit from some eye drops that she can get over the counter.

All the best to you,
Karen