My right lower eyelid has been twiching nonstop for a little over a week now. It's a small muscle underneath the eye, where the bags of my eyes are. Can someone tell me at least how to cure it? or something? I feel very self concious when i look at someone directly in the eye. Luckily it's not so bad that people can really notice that well.

i have also been experiencing the same symptoms. Right below my right eye, it has been pulsing (or twitching) for the past week or 2. And just yesterday, i was experiencing pain in the back of my right eye, and a headache only to the left side of my brain. I'm not very keen on going to the family physician because they usually say, "oh, it's nothing, don't worry", but i'm worried it might be something more serious than that. Is there anybody that can answer some of my questions????

An eyelid twitch is called a blepharospasm. It happens when your eyelid muscles repeatedly and rhythmically contract. In some instances, the eyelid may repeatedly close (or nearly close) and re-open.

Alternative Names
Eyelid spasm; Eye twitch; Blepharospasm; Twitch - eyelid

Causes, incidence, and risk factors
The most common things that make the muscle in your eyelid twitch are fatigue, stress, and caffeine. Once spasms begin, they may continue off and on for a few days. Then, they disappear. Most people experience this type of eyelid twitch on occasion and find it very annoying. In most cases, you won't even notice when the twitch has stopped.

More severe contractions, where the eyelid completely closes, are possible. These can be caused by irritation of the surface of the eye (cornea) or the membranes lining the eyelids (conjunctiva).

Sometimes, the reason your eyelid is twitching cannot be identified. This form of eyelid twitching lasts much longer, is often very uncomfortable, and can also cause your eyelids to close completely.

Symptoms
In addition to having repetitive, uncontrollable twitching or spasms of your eyelid (usually the upper lid), you may be very sensitive to light or have blurry vision.

Signs and tests

Treatment
Eyelid twitching usually disappears without treatment. In the meantime, the following steps may help:

Get more sleep.
Drink less caffeine.
Lubricate your eyes with eye drops.
If twitching is severe, small injections of Botulinum toxin can temporarily cure the spasms.

Support Groups
For additional information and support, see www.blepharospasm.org (Benign Essential Blepharospasm Research Foundation). They can be reached at 409-832-0788.

Expectations (prognosis)
The twitches usually stop within a week.

Complications
Permanent eye injury from unrecognized cornea injury is possible, but rare.

Calling your health care provider
Call your primary care physician or eye doctor (ophthalmologist) if:

Your eyelid twitching does not go away within one week.
The twitching involves other parts of your face.
You have redness, swelling, or a discharge from your eye.
The twitching completely closes your eyelid.
Your upper eyelid is drooping .

This is exactly my problem for 3 days now. Can you tell me what this is? What causes this? And how I can stop it? Should I be worried, is this a symptom to something serious?

twitchy eye is caused sometimes by problems w/ the teeth. i get one for a few days every time i go to the dentist. Usually lasts about 3 or 4 days.

Blepharospasm is more than just an eye twitch. It is a condition that often involves complete closing of the eye (blinking, including increased blink rate) and/or twitching of other parts of the face. It usually shows up in both eyes. It can be associated with eye pain, eyebrow and eyelid spasms, can be related to a disease, and can cause disability. There are over 50,000 cases in the US. But anyone with concerns should look it up themselves and call a doctor.

Myokymia is a word that better describes a simple eye twitch, like the small muscle twitch underneath the eye mentioned by the first two posters.

I'm happy to see that others are experiencing what I am as well. I have a spasm on the outer lower portion around my right eye. It started about 3 weeks ago. And I think that my vision has even been bin a bit blurry. NONE of these posts seem to be very helpful though. They're all much more complex medical conditions, and I don't think that's what it is. I haven't changed any of my usual eating or sleeping habits, and I'm not on any chronic medications. My job is stressful, and I've found that when I begin getting ancy my eye wil SOMETIMES begin to twitch, but it's not consistent. Also it's not like the twitching stops when I'm feeling relaxed. My eye even twitches while I'm in church. I just don't get it! PLEASE HELP!

I'm here because I'm experiencing the same thing..lower right eyelid has been twitching pretty much constantly for just over a week.

I've found putting together a few of the above comments, very helpful in understanding what is going on.

I am actually going through some stress at work at the moment. When I'm out of work I leave it all behind and I am very good at that but I suppose the stress is still there even if subconsciously. 

No doubt when I sort out the problem it will eventually settle down. Isn't it funny how your body deals with stress, personally I prefer this reaction to others I could think of.

My lower left lid has been twitching for probably 5ish years... Doesn't bother me at all. If it was serious I feel like something more would have come up by now, right?

I have been experiencing the lower left eyelid twitching for 2 weeks now.  How do I make it stop.

magnesium it up!

So, im 15 F, and my bottom left eyelid has been twitching for almost two weeks now constantly, its getting very aggrivating. Is there something wrong? Or is it normal? Im going through alot with my parents divorce and as well as im in the transition of moving back with my father, so could stress cause this as well?

Thanks.

Ive had the same thing, started to worry about it but seeing these messages give me peace of mind. I have been drinking alot of coffee lately and have been under alot of stress so i guess that is it.

:)

I have been experiencing an eye lid pulse in my right eye for a week now.. I called the eye doctor and they just told me its pretty much lack of sleep or stress too, but Im still not at ease I want it to go away. Anyone have any different advice?

I get the same thing...this is my second year noticing it during my most stressful month of the year with work..

Two years ago, I was also experiencing a pulsing pain behind my left eye when I would lay down to go to sleep at night...between the twitching bottom lid & the pulsing pain...I decided best to go to an eye doctor.  After her examination, she found that there was nothing wrong with my eyes...Ultimately told me the twitching was simply due to stress, and that I should try and exercise more and work on the stress...She also said the pulsing pain was most likely an Ocular Migraine caused by my job and the fact that I sometimes spend 12 to 14 hours per day sifting through data on spreadsheets and text files...

When the stress lessened the eye twitching and pain went away. Now this January they both have returned ...just as my work level and stresses with work have increased exponentially...

Stress can cause so problems in the body...it's a tough thing to avoid...and once it manifests it causes MORE stress because now you've got the symptoms that worry you...once it gets rolling, it's like a train going full speed on the tracks...it's really hard to slow it down....best thing you can do is to try to figure out how to gradually slow the train down...you will notice the symptoms dissipate and that in it'self will help reduce the stress too!!  

Fresh Air...Exercise....Good Healthy Foods....Friends...Laughter....Good Deeds....all will help this annoying problem!!