Good evening, people. Burns are very interesting. Although they can be very dangerous since they can be complicated by an infection, many people put there different things. I have heard that some people treat burns with sugar. Is it possible? What do you know about that? I would really appreciate all your help. Bye!

Hello. Yes, I have also heard about some people putting sugar on the burns. It was interesting. Many people use honey since it contains a lot of sugar. Honey is acidic and that prevents infection. It also develops hydrogen peroxide when put on the wound. Hydrogen peroxide is great for disinfection. I must admit that I don’t know much about clean sugar. Perhaps, someone else will know more. Good luck with your investigation. Bye!

Hi, I learned about treating burns with sugar a few years ago. Since then I have been using it religiously. It really does work. Last night I grabbed the handle of a pan that was in the oven. I mean I really grabbed it...my whole palm was burnt. I wet in and stuck it in sugar for a while. I was in pain all night. This morning I should've had blisters... But I have none. One small red spot on one finger... That is the only sign. I definitely recommend trying. If u burn yourself with liquid just stick it in sugar. If it is a dry burn wet your hand first and then stick it in sugar. I hope this will help a few people out there. Bogi

Yesterday, I was frying fish and putting the fish into the hot oil. My 3rd finger went directly into the sizzling pan while place the fish in the hot oil. It hurt like crazy - I tried to think fast and remembered my daughter saying she scalded her hand once on boiling water and put her whole hand in the sugar canaster so in went my finger. no time wasted. No blister, the pain only lasted a little while and then absolutely nothing on the finger. My daughter's hand was perfect too - no blisters. She heard this from her Italian mother-in-law. It works!

I burned my tongue when I drank some very hot coffee. It hurt so bad...I looked up home remedies online, and it said to put sugar on my tongue. I did for a few minutes and then rinsed it out of my mouth...it was a miracle, the pain was much less. I tried it again, and after a few more mintues, the pain completely went away...it was unbelieveable. I would definitely recommend it for tongues, but if I burn anything else, I will try putting sugar on it too!

over 27 years ago, I worked in a Steakhouse and spilled scalding hot coffee on my hand one waitress grabbed the sugar immediately and poured it all over my burn and told me to leave it on awhile, I did expecting blisters the next day, no blisters I use sugar every time now I have not had a burn blister since that day, taught my hubby the trick he too ha not had a burn blister in a long time.

I once stepped in a frying pan filled with hot oil. My dad within seconds rushed to mix a small bucket of water and sugar solution. I sat with the burnt foot in the sugar-water mix for 15 minutes. I healed beautifully.

Last week I burnt my thumb trying to get out my roast veg from the oven. I quickly mixed sugar and water and sat down with my thumb in it for 15 minutes. Again, its healing beautifully. I would definitely recommend it.

Nov of '17 here and I agree with all the responders. I too grabbed the steel pan handle out of the oven and burned my palm and four fingers. I wetted the hand and put sugar on it but it still needed more pain relief so I made a solution and have been keeping it wet with the sugar solution. The pain returns if I don't keep it wet with the soluton. Every couple minutes or so I put on fresh sugar solution and the pain subsides. Amazing. Also I rest it in a pan of cool water every once in awhile. Freshens the sugar. And I have a fan blowing on it which also numbs the pain some. The pain definitely comes back without the sugar water though. Also the potential blistering or pink areas seem a natural flesh color currently.