Hello, folks. I have been suffering from sinus infection for years. I won’t tell you all what I’ve tried for this. I have heard about septoplasty. Is this procedure the only real solution for chronic sinus problems? I would appreciate if someone could reply me something more about this. Thanks in advance.

Hi, there. Nasal septum is the vertical wall that divides nasal cavity into two halves. It should be vertical, but sometimes it can have a different direction. In this way, airflow is compromised, but secrete suction from sinuses as well. Septoplasty is the procedure that corrects this deformity. If the septum deformity is causing chronic sinus problems, septoplasty is the only solution for this. It can be done under local or general anesthesia. You should consult an ENT specialist about this. I hope he will help you. Bye!