Hello, folks. My friend has a baby that has been diagnosed with congenital hip dislocation. I don’t know much about this. I was hoping to find out what the fastest way is to deal with congenital hip dislocation. I will appreciate all your replies considering this. Thanks in advance for all your help.

Hello, there. The treatment depends how old the child is. If the infant is small, then Pavlik harness is recommended. It keeps hip bone in the socket. It also stimulates normal development of this joint. If this doesn’t help, then there is reposition of the hip. This is recommended for kids between six months and 2 years of age. I hope I’ve helped you with this. Good luck to your friend’s baby. Bye!

Hi, there. I agree with the previous post. I have also heard about the procedure called closed reduction. It is done under anesthesia. If this does not help, then there is an option of open surgery. After this, a child wears a cast and/or braces. It takes few months for wearing this. I hope your friend’s baby will be all right. Please, let me know if you need more info. Bye!