Hi, I would like to ask you something about arthroscopy. My mother is 56 years old and she has been suffering from knee problems for almost a month now. She finally decided to go to a doctor and he said they must perform arthroscopy. Following the procedure, doctor said that she should be fine now, but she feels some throbbing in the knee. What could that be?

I guess that she stills feel residual effect from the procedure and that should be quite normal but should not last for long. If the throbbing continues, she should contact her doctor again. She should be strict regarding her therapy; usually bone/joint rehabilitation might last for long so she must not lose her patience. I assume that she will also have to attend some physical therapy.

I had this procedure 2 months ago. My knee continues to be tight, throb and is heavy. Agree with wit2031, patience is vital. Physical Therapy, elevating the knee and icing it is very important.